Lake and Beach

angellionel

Elite Member
On Saturday afternoon I had a couple of hours to myself, so I headed out to check out a lake beach I had recently spotted. It isn't very big, but it looked clean and has a sandy strip. I had hoped to find a ?virgin? site, but this one wasn't it. As soon as I entered the water, there were telltale signs that someone else had been there recently. There were deep holes all over the place. It is unfortunate that there are some out there still holding on to some bad habits. Anyway, I put my Excalibur to work, hoping for the best. Slow and steady I went.

I didn't pick up any gold, but I did hit on two old rings and a toy-type one. The two old rings were somewhat deep, which may be why they had been missed. I also picked up a few old coins, also on the deep side; one 1919 Buffalo nickel, a 1943-P ?war? nickel, and the best one, an 1874 three cent nickel, in very good shape too. Only 790,000 of this year were minted. My time was up, but I was happy with the finds. I will have to make another trip to this beach soon.

Nice calm water, but very cold!
lakebeach102106.jpg

The coins came out in relatively good shape.
coins102106.jpg

The rings. No gold, but I'll take them anyway.
rings102106.jpg

Since the wind had been calm all Sunday morning, I decided to make an afternoon trip to the Connecticut shore. It was a bit chilly, but not too cold to wear the wetsuit. I wanted to work the outer edge of the sandbar, and the waders just wouldn't do. I opted to use the Surf Pro, hoping to punch a little deeper through the built up sand. Surprisingly, there were many targets, much of it trash. I hit on clad coins too, and one ring, though it isn't gold. I skunked out on the desired metal, but there's always next time.

Today there was a lack of the usual heavy wave action.
beach102206.jpg

The only ring.
ring102206.jpg

The rest of the stuff.
finds102206.jpg

HH!

Angel

Nothing wrong with those Excal finds or even the PI finds :) That looks like a mood ring Angel is it? I hate those bobbiepins lol... I found a gold colored this year... For me when they sound off the signal is choppy or clipped but being the PI user I dig it anyway. :) I love finding old rings and those lake rings are cool.

Cfmct-PI said:
Nothing wrong with those Excal finds or even the PI finds :) That looks like a mood ring Angel is it? I hate those bobbiepins lol... I found a gold colored this year... For me when they sound off the signal is choppy or clipped but being the PI user I dig it anyway. :) I love finding old rings and those lake rings are cool.

Nothing wrong at all! :) Of course, I would love to hit gold everytime out, but you know how that works. Both machines perform great in their environment, so I'm quite happy with them.

It is a mood ring, my first one. LOL Yeah, those bobby pins are easy to identify by the double blip, but you're right, they have to be dug. I have found some toe rings that gave a similar signal. Anyway, less trash to deal with next time. :)

Thanks!

Nice going on rings and old coins angel! The 3 center looks great. How deep of water are you finding most of the coins and rings? I may have to think about getting a freshwater machince for all the beaches we have around here.

Nice going! The 1874 is beautiful! :yes: I believe the ring pictured by itself is a mood ring. I have found 2 of those at older tot lots.

Thanks for the comments! :)

SteveMN said:
Nice going on rings and old coins angel! The 3 center looks great. How deep of water are you finding most of the coins and rings? I may have to think about getting a freshwater machince for all the beaches we have around here.

Saturday's finds were picked up from just above knee deep water. It looked like the water level had dropped a bit, so it probably would have been at about waist deep during the summer. For the most part, though, most of the finds this year have been between waist and chest. :)

With all the freshwater beaches down your way, it might pay off to work them from time to time. :yes:

So what, neither can I and it doesn't stop me from going out... ;)

Hmm, no one to pull me out if I fall over!

Very nice 3 center, that's one that's on my wish list, could be a toughie to find up here in Canada! Nice pic's Angel, you had a great hunt!!!

Good going Angel! :grin: looking forward to hunting with you again! Cladius. oh yah nice Crockodile lure.

Way to Go Angel!
I think I'm gonna invest in a wetsuit soon. Craig sez he hates those bobbypins. Well so do I and the REALLY bad part is we Excal guys know we're digging crap while we diggin'em huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

I've got a pair of floaties you can use they work very well, Angel those are awsome rings even if they're not gold .............CAN I HAVE ONE?
spittfire said:
So what, neither can I and it doesn't stop me from going out... ;)

Hmm, no one to pull me out if I fall over!

GaBeachsweeper said:
Way to Go Angel!
I think I'm gonna invest in a wetsuit soon. Craig sez he hates those bobbypins. Well so do I and the REALLY bad part is we Excal guys know we're digging crap while we diggin'em huh? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jim

Thanks, Jim! :)

Yeah, those bobbypins can be troublesome alright. LOL

Back
Top Bottom