Big thanks to Stealth Scoop / Sunspot Equipment

OnTheBeach

Just a grateful thank you to Stealth Scoop / Sunspot Equipment http://www.stealthscoop.com/ for repairing my non Stealth brand scoop.

I'm away from home on vacation and my sand scoop that I bought on Amazon broke again. I bought it just under 1 year ago and it lasted about a month before one weld broke. In hindsight, I should have returned it then; I would have been out of pocket for return shipping, but ahead in the end. I was on vacation then also and needed the scoop though but didn't know where to get it fixed so I stopped by a muffler shop and they fixed it but on the very next outing three more welds let go. The welds that failed were what I'd call wire stays. When I got home I took it into a fabrication shop and had it repaired again and replaced two small rear wire stays with what I'd call a gusset. Approximately ten outings later the scoop failed again. This time one of the previously repaired front stays let go and tore a cent-sized hole out of the center shaft tube.

I sent the scoop to Stealth Scoop / Sunspot Equipment in California and just about a week later it's back. Communication with the company was excellent. I figured they'd patch the hole and re-attach the failed stay but they actually replaced both front stays with much larger diameter stainless and improved the angle of those supports. They also patched the hole.

With the original price plus three repairs, time spent and all the running around I would have been better off buying a good quality scoop like a Stealth right from the beginning. I was new to the hobby though and didn't realized just how important a good scoop was.

I just thought I'd share my experience with Stealth Scoop / Sunspot Equipment under new owners and the new location in California. They don't charge near enough to cover their time, materials and return shipping yet I was treated as if I was a long time customer. They'll be at the top of my list when I shop for better equipment.

Good to hear! They've been nothing but an A+ customer service business in all my dealings with them .

Good to hear! They've been nothing but an A+ customer service business in all my dealings with them .

Your right about that. I think they are an outstanding company and their support is as good as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear/read that Sunspot took great care of you. Chuck’s is an honest, caring person who ran his business with integrity. Glad the new owners are following his lead.
On another note, Sunspot is around the corner (sorta) from me. I’d love to order a custom scoop.

Back
Top Bottom