• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Could need some help with this old bottle.

sandgroper

Elite Member
I recently found this older bottle at a house site (early 1900's). It's got 'Taylor's Blue Gum Eucalyptus' written on the front, and has a cork top. Haven't cleaned it yet, so as you can see it's still full of sand. Tried googling it, but nothing came up. Anybody know anything about it, or it's scarcity? Thanks :)

(Only got this picture right now, but can get a better one tomorrow if need be :))

Attachments

• IMG_2748.jpg
    IMG_2748.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 375
I'm no expert on Australian bottles but without seeing the top of the bottle, I'd say that's circa 1900. Eucalyptus oil was a popular topical skin rub for aching joints. It is still used today.That blue color is cool!

I'm no expert on Australian bottles but without seeing the top of the bottle, I'd say that's circa 1900. Eucalyptus oil was a popular topical skin rub for aching joints. It is still used today.That blue color is cool!

Thanks! Don't know much about this bottle so don't know if it was used worldwide or not. I've cleaned the bottle and have taken a few more pictures. (Only noticed after taking the pictures there was a eucalyptus leaf in the background lol)

Nice save!

Thank you :)

Very interesting bottle. Could you please post pictures of the bottom and top of the bottle?

I've just finished cleaning the bottles and have gotten a few more pics. I don't see any markings on the bottom, but have included a picture anyway. Thanks :)

Attachments

• IMG_2849.jpg
    IMG_2849.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_2850.jpg
    IMG_2850.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 251
  • IMG_2847.jpg
    IMG_2847.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 256
  • IMG_2848.jpg
    IMG_2848.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 270
I still think it's circa 1900 era.

I agree, except for the lip, which looks applied so it makes me think possibly a little older. My guess would be 1880-1900. Nice looking bottle!

Reminds me of the young man who walked into a speakeasy. The slightly aged woman at the bar asked the young man what he'd like...

"Old Taylor Whiskey please", he replied.

To which her response was.....

"Make up your mind son, we got both"

True story :D

Well that certainly is a nice looking (and clean!) bottle. After seeing the new pictures, I still think it's circa 1900 era.

Thanks, yeah I was quite happy when I got it out the ground, and kinda glad it didn't get crushed when they knocked down the house. :)

I agree, except for the lip, which looks applied so it makes me think possibly a little older. My guess would be 1880-1900. Nice looking bottle!

Thanks for the info! Much appreciated! :grin:

Reminds me of the young man who walked into a speakeasy. The slightly aged woman at the bar asked the young man what he'd like...

"Old Taylor Whiskey please", he replied.

To which her response was.....

"Make up your mind son, we got both"

True story :D
:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom