Coin Shooting in Open Field = Small Coin Count

Yeki

Forum Supporter
I decided to start my Thanksgiving right by putting on my orange hat and checking out a field that me and some buds from the forum hit very briefly the other day. I spent almost three hours out there and recovered mostly old headstamps, a couple of pieces of horse bridal parts (still cleaning), and this measly clad count that you see here in the pic...

picture.php

I'm starting to think I will have to go back to hunting the local parks and schools if I'm ever going to get enough clad to buy an Etrac...

That's it? Just some clad? I like your reale clad. I'll trade you a silver quarter for it. Do you think he even knows what he found? Legally blind? Think that reale is a dime? Eh?

I think someone's pulling a Thanksgiving Fools' joke. No one could believe those last two coins are worthless clad.

Unless of course he was blind, and then you'd have to wonder if he found them at all. :D

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I was wondering how quick you folks were! Actually, one of the two bottom coins is a 1999 five pence. It's in really great shape but I don't think its worth more than face value.
The last one is the one that made my eyes pop wide open. I was actually getting board and was swinging my way towards the truck to leave when I got a lazy beep. It was about three or four inches deep. At first, I thought it was a cheap toy token. It's so thin! Ya know, I can count on one finger the number of times I've nicked a coin with my digger... well... now two fingers!On the back by the "M". ARGHHHH!!! the thing is also bent but I believe the plow did that at some point over the years.

picture.php

HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!

Thanks everybody! I was so excited when I pulled that little guy out of the ground; looked over my shoulder a couple times as if I was going to get mugged in the middle of a field! Up until that point, I had only found headstamps. The pence and clad came after. Each one had me shaking as if it was going to be one old coin right after the other!

I cant help but wonder what I could find with a deeper running machine. Being a plowed field, its hard to get the coil close to the ground.

Biggg congrats!!

Ike that is so awesome! That area had a feel to it as far as old stuff. Beautiful coin. That answers that question if that spot was worth gridding. I hope we can meet up for some hunting this weekend. Congrats!

Thanks again everybody! goes4ever, some of the stuff you pull on a regular basis is incredible!

Tim: Tried calling you back a couple times. We will have to get together for sure!

Back
Top Bottom