• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

03.08.09 finds. A token, a button and a key date Wheat.

RickAZ

Elite Member
I got out early today and hit a park in town and later, one out of town. I can usually hunt till dark, but I was pooped by 5 PM. I was having a good hunt but it started raining and gave me a good excuse to head home.
This morning I found my first pocket spill, seven zinclincolns. I also found a local token, "Good for 5 cents".
I headed to a park out of town that I have found some silver at in the past. I didn't find any today but did find a semi-key date Wheat, a 1910-S in pretty rough shape. Also found an eagle button that is bent up.
It was a really fun day with lots of stuff to dig!

Thanks for looking and HH,
Rick

Attachments

• 01 (3).jpg
    01 (3).jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 1959 Canadian cent.JPG
    1959 Canadian cent.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 160
  • Lowell Token.JPG
    Lowell Token.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 161
  • 1910-s Wheat.JPG
    1910-s Wheat.JPG
    128.3 KB · Views: 159
  • Eagle button.JPG
    Eagle button.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 154
  • Eagle button rev.jpg
    Eagle button rev.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 167
Love the token! And I can't believe that with all the clad you've posted on the FMDF that you just now found your first pocket spill! Congrats!!! Aren't they fun?!?!? :yes:

Good digging, the Token is a sweet find and love the Wheatie, it's a toughie..

Bruce

Looks like you had a very successful hunt. Hunts where you find a variety of old and new keep things interesting. The button and penny are some good finds. Too bad the button is in rough shape. As the days get longer, it is hard not to get worn out after a full days hunt.:yes:

Rick - a good take for the day. The token is listed in my Az token book at $10.00 - 1911 - 1914 pool hall & saloon. But the price was set in 1990 - worth a lot more now I'm sure. The eagle button dates from 1902 to present. steve in so az

Rick - a good take for the day. The token is listed in my Az token book at $10.00 - 1911 - 1914 pool hall & saloon. But the price was set in 1990 - worth a lot more now I'm sure. The eagle button dates from 1902 to present. steve in so az
Thanks for the ID Steve! I should get one of those token books, does it give other information about the tokens?

HH,
Rick

Back
Top Bottom