$13 travel shaft for StavR and Sunspot scoops

DaviDs

Forum Supporter
At Home Depot, this $13 fence top rail may give a few of you ideas for taking your favorite scoop along on your next vacation. Only weighs a few ounces more than the same length wood handle...and im not complaining....after all, this is a temp handle. Two #10-24 sstl screws will hold it in together....and so far, my limited tested shows it held up quite well.

H/H, David
7688b94c37dffb190b484ea2213de2f2.jpg
732c745da84ee83159f27abcc1d6c2bd.jpg
bda8c0b7927b7a29e6301d7ad9dc99c2.jpg
6eca253efdbc0cbf7d1b30a3a097f63d.jpg
12476a9ad36fe6fc6712d1c340fd6ff5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

At that price it's defintly worth a try. My cf scoop shafts have almost an identical design and they are virtually indestructible.

Any idea what it's made from? Looks like it might last a couple weeks if rinsed off properly after each hunt

Last edited:
David, that's great out-of-the-box thinking. :yes: Since you're using a Weight Watcher's scale, is it possible for the handle to lose some weight if the scoop is more careful about what it eats? Like less junk and more high K gold. :lol:

Any idea what it's made from? Looks like it might last a couple weeks if rinsed off properly after each hunt
It should be galvanized steel.

David, that's great out-of-the-box thinking. :yes: Since you're using a Weight Watcher's scale, is it possible for the handle to lose some weight if the scoop is more careful about what it eats? Like less junk and more high K gold. :lol:

It should be galvanized steel.

I've tried galvanized steel before. Weighed a ton and rusted out after a few weeks.

Since you're using a Weight Watcher's scale, is it possible for the handle to lose some weight if the scoop is more careful about what it eats? Like less junk and more high K gold. :lol:
:laughing: :lol: You crack me up Felix! :D

At that price it's defintly worth a try. My cf scoop shafts have almost an identical design and they are virtually indestructible
You buy the sunspot ones or something else? I am still searching for a connector that will work with generic CF round stock. Got any leads?

As far as galvanized rusting...lol...for $13, I can recycle it after a week. :lol:

Gee Dave

Time's must be getting tough, :laughing: the air port's might x ray that as a pipe bomb :shock::lol:, welcome to the T watch list , improvement's needed , Felix :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: good one bro., happy hunting , Earl

:laughing: :lol: You crack me up Felix! :D

You buy the sunspot ones or something else? I am still searching for a connector that will work with generic CF round stock. Got any leads?

As far as galvanized rusting...lol...for $13, I can recycle it after a week. :lol:
It's almost identical to the 1 in your photo except it's cf. Family member works in the actual cf factory so I can make pretty much any size and shape (circular) under the sun. Holiday season for me soon so won't be doing anything until after that.

It's almost identical to the 1 in your photo except it's cf. Family member works in the actual cf factory so I can make pretty much any size and shape (circular) under the sun. Holiday season for me soon so won't be doing anything until after that.

Let us know when you have some available, Steve! I'd love to have that to take with me, but sadly I'm leaving for tropical paradise in only three weeks...

Let us know when you have some available, Steve! I'd love to have that to take with me, but sadly I'm leaving for tropical paradise in only three weeks...

Me too... and I don't want to have to worry about mailing poles across the world during my detecting time.

Back
Top Bottom