Gold #30 + Silver

Joshc214

Decided to take off work today for a full day hunt. Ended up going for about 7 hours... went out yesterday as well and only found 2 pennies and a quarter after 4 hours of hunting lol

Because of yesterdays poor/sanded in conditions I decided to try a different location today hoping for some improvement. I found much of the same conditions. However, after a hike up the beach I noticed a deep rip section near a popular swimming area. Ended up spending all 7 hours working this area, there were actually 2 rips, one close in and another further out that I could only access at full low tide.

I managed to pull 2 of the 4 silver rings and the gold (14k) ring from the inside rip... The gold was one of the worst sounding targets I've dug on my excal 2... I almost didn't go for it it sounded so bad. I'm not sure if it was sitting on edge or because of its size, it sounded like a rusted junk ring.

The 2 pandora style rings came from the outside rip... Once I found the first ring I decided to check for markings (not smart in neck deep water). While scratching the sand off I dropped the ring lol so I go to dig it back up and every time I started pulling my scoop up I heard the ring on the bottom again, so I'd just dump the scoop and re-dig without checking. This went on for about 10 minutes until I finally realized there might be a 2nd signal lol it was late in the day... sure enough I had it in my scoop, next signal was the exact same ring. Go figure....

Ended up being a 5 ring hunt... not a bad day on the water.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1495495750000.jpg
    FB_IMG_1495495750000.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 537
  • FB_IMG_1495495755560.jpg
    FB_IMG_1495495755560.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 533
:dingding: Heeee's back!!!! Congrats on the yellow. 7 hours huh? If I did that I'd have to take the next day off from work as well.

:dingding: Heeee's back!!!! Congrats on the yellow. 7 hours huh? If I did that I'd have to take the next day off from work as well.

Thanks again! I passed out on the couch the second I got home lol feeling it in my hands today.

You did good and stayed after it. If you had gone home all you would have gotten was dancing with the stars. Great finds!

Thanks man! My average hunt is 4-5 hours tops, and if I find gold early on only 2-3 hours. Took a good 6 hours to find the small gold ring... I kept at it because any time you're finding silver rings there's always a gold ring lying around somewhere, just gotta grid the heck out of the area.

Nice hunt! I tried the water today and it was way too rough...I gave up!

Thanks cntry, it was a bit rough today, but not too bad. It was probably worse up by you.

Nice job man, what a season so far! Not even halfway through it yet, I could see you hitting 100 by years end. Congrats!

Thanks! 100 would be an awesome milestone. If the finds were as often as the first few months this year I might have a shot at that, but right now I'm struggling to pull 2-3 golds a month. Hopefully conditions will improve...

Very nice. Gold #30? SWEET. Is that #30 for this year already?

Thanks Scuba! Yeah 30 golds for the year, around 175 grams so far.

Nice score and funny about how you got two identical rings thinking you missed the signal! I hit a spill like that once too! Before I figured out what was going on....Kept dumping the scoop!:laughing: Also, Taking the day off work to go detecting is a good thing! Well done Josh!!

Last edited:
Thanks Scuba! Yeah 30 golds for the year, around 175 grams so far.

Good grief. 175 grams... so far.
You guys have all the great spots.

I get all excited that I've found 58.48 grams (in just 7 rings, though)... and you've cleared 3x that amount in the same amount of time.

ARRGGG. Why can't I live near the ocean! LOL

I really ought not to be whiny, though. I DON'T live near the ocean, and I've still managed almost 2 ounces of karat gold... *sigh* But i want MORE MORE MORE!!

Skippy

Congrats,,, when I'm reincarnated I want to come back as a S. Fla resident so I can hit your spots. #30 for the year... Whhhoooo Hooooo!

Congrats,,, when I'm reincarnated I want to come back as a S. Fla resident so I can hit your spots. #30 for the year... Whhhoooo Hooooo!

I have thought about this. What if hell was coming back as a shallow water fish and watching people drop all their gold and precious metals and although knowing what they are, not being able to enjoy them cause you are a slimy fish?

Nice score and funny about how you got two identical rings thinking you missed the signal! I hit a spill like that once too! Before I figured out what was going on....Kept dumping the scoop!:laughing: Also, Taking the day off work to go detecting is a good thing! Well done Josh!!

Thanks Mud! I never miss with my stealth scoop, so it was driving me insane...

Sweet little band great job! :cool:

Thanks Irons!

Good grief. 175 grams... so far.
You guys have all the great spots.

I get all excited that I've found 58.48 grams (in just 7 rings, though)... and you've cleared 3x that amount in the same amount of time.

ARRGGG. Why can't I live near the ocean! LOL

I really ought not to be whiny, though. I DON'T live near the ocean, and I've still managed almost 2 ounces of karat gold... *sigh* But i want MORE MORE MORE!!

Skippy

I've seen some of your finds Skippy, you're not doing bad at all this year. I just had a lucky streak for a month or two, since then things have slowed down a lot.

We could definitely all use more though lol

Nice, congrats on the gold!

Thanks man!

Help me out. What is a rip ???

Hi Wom, sorry for the confusion. I was just referring to a trough I was working. Rip currents are what creates them. If the entire beach is sanded in I just hike the beach and search for these deeper sections created by rip currents... usually the only shot at finding gold.

Nice digs and a funny story.

Thanks Bagel!

Lol Thanks Numil!

Congrats on the gold and silver! :waytogo:

Thanks X-Terra!

I have thought about this. What if hell was coming back as a shallow water fish and watching people drop all their gold and precious metals and although knowing what they are, not being able to enjoy them cause you are a slimy fish?

That's deep lol, now I'm gonna have nightmares of being reincarnated as a slimy fish...

Back
Top Bottom