Quarters, or Keepers...Silver # 17-#19 FTY Long and Picture Heavy!

JNimons

Forum Supporter
Haven't gotten out in almost a month with my Archery tournaments. Late this morning I headed to a site in my town, which I believe to be an old mill site. Spent an hour there. Insanely trashy, dug a Wheat and 2 Memorials.

Headed back to the farm I have been hitting the past few months. Got on a clad quarter kick, ended up digging 7 of them. Dug a 1945 Merc....then I got a signal...bouncing 1-43, 2-45...Big silver number. Sure enough, 1953 D Franklin Half. About 20 feet away I get a signal that is bouncing Ferrous numbers, but rock solid silver conductive numbers. About 9 inches down I pop a Silver quarter...Holy CCrap its seated!!! 1877 CC Seated Quarter!!! My second Seated Quarter, and only my third seated overall. Half hour later, get a screamer, but deep...quarter numbers...1st Copper for the year. Matron Head Large Cent.
before it crudded up, I believe I saw an 1824. Gonna take some work to get another look at the date. Back is absolutely slick.

Also dug 2 more wheats. Puts me at 19 silver, and 33 wheats for the year.

Sorry for the amount of pictures I'm gonna post, and the length of this post. today was one of my best days ever.

Nice finds you have some nice places to hunt i grew up in Oxford lots of old fields around

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Wow !!!!!!
Nice sites !!!!!!
Yeah seated quarters are tough finds.......I got one ever and I cant make out the entire date.....pretty thin.......loved seeing that eagle though........

Some super nice digs Jon. Congrats on the Big Ben along with the CC Seated Quarter. Not saying all the rest does not count. You have some great old locations to work on. Jack

Haven't gotten out in almost a month with my Archery tournaments. Late this morning I headed to a site in my town, which I believe to be an old mill site. Spent an hour there. Insanely trashy, dug a Wheat and 2 Memorials.

Headed back to the farm I have been hitting the past few months. Got on a clad quarter kick, ended up digging 7 of them. Dug a 1945 Merc....then I got a signal...bouncing 1-43, 2-45...Big silver number. Sure enough, 1953 D Franklin Half. About 20 feet away I get a signal that is bouncing Ferrous numbers, but rock solid silver conductive numbers. About 9 inches down I pop a Silver quarter...Holy CCrap its seated!!! 1877 CC Seated Quarter!!! My second Seated Quarter, and only my third seated overall. Half hour later, get a screamer, but deep...quarter numbers...1st Copper for the year. Matron Head Large Cent.
before it crudded up, I believe I saw an 1824. Gonna take some work to get another look at the date. Back is absolutely slick.

Also dug 2 more wheats. Puts me at 19 silver, and 33 wheats for the year.

Sorry for the amount of pictures I'm gonna post, and the length of this post. today was one of my best days ever.

Wow! That's a great hunt!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you JWP!!!

Excellent hunting John, That seated is awesome!
Congrats on some pretty rare finds!

Thanks Ron!

Congrats on the CC Seated Quarter, Big Ben, the L/C and the rest of the finds...excellent day of digging John!

Thanks Bruce....pales in comparison to your KG!!!

Congrats. First CC quarter Ive seen posted anywhere

First CC mint I've owned....and Thank you!

Dude killed it nice job John!

Thanks Jeff

Very nice!!

Thanks Cuda

Killer finds! Man talk about bucket listers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! Was definitely a good day!

Nice finds you have some nice places to hunt i grew up in Oxford lots of old fields around

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Thank you...Lots of fields, and lots of history through out the whole Valley

Great Hunt !! Who said those homesteads don have coins

Not me!!!...Thank you!

Wow! A very nice hunt...congrats!

Thank you Bman!

Wow !!!!!!
Nice sites !!!!!!
Yeah seated quarters are tough finds.......I got one ever and I cant make out the entire date.....pretty thin.......loved seeing that eagle though........

Thank you Sir! I saw the eagle first, and can't put here the words that came out of my mouth...lol

Man! Sounds like you're on some good ground...congrats on the sweet finds!

Thank you!

Man! What a mix! That place has seen some long time droppage action!

Yes it does!

Some super nice digs Jon. Congrats on the Big Ben along with the CC Seated Quarter. Not saying all the rest does not count. You have some great old locations to work on. Jack

Thanks Digger!!! If you ever visit the North East......

Last edited:
Edited my pictures, because somehow on my tablet, they all got out of order.....I don't know how. Guess I can't edit all of them in the original post....now there are twice as many....I'm sorry

Back
Top Bottom