• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Buffalo Hunting

CJ319

Forum Supporter
Tried my first park today. Was at it for about three hours and got nothing worth posting. Gave up and hit a house across the street that I've been digging for over a year. Everyday I go there I get something new. I've found a couple silver quarters, wheats, a 1907 Indian head, lead toys, tokens and an 1889 V nickel. About 15 min into it, got this Buffalo. I believe it's a 1918, but it's pretty toasted. Not sure I'll do the park thing again.

Attachments

• IMG_0669.jpg
    IMG_0669.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 144
Tried my first park today. Was at it for about three hours and got nothing worth posting. Gave up and hit a house across the street that I've been digging for over a year. Everyday I go there I get something new. I've found a couple silver quarters, wheats, a 1907 Indian head, lead toys, tokens and an 1889 V nickel. About 15 min into it, got this Buffalo. I believe it's a 1918, but it's pretty toasted. Not sure I'll do the park thing again.
I'm there with you on the parks. I have 5 in my small town. Out of 5, one had an 1898 Barber dime, and another had a silver ring. They have been so pounded over the last 40 years, that it is almost impossible to find anything but trash and clad.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I'm there with you on the parks. I have 5 in my small town. Out of 5, one had an 1898 Barber dime, and another had a silver ring. They have been so pounded over the last 40 years, that it is almost impossible to find anything but trash and clad.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I'm agreement with the agreement.....parks suck! The park in my hometown has tons of signals but I'm almost certain they are pennies. The town I grew up in was incorporated in 1953 so silver is a little tougher to come by.

I love finding those buffalo nickels! Big Congrats! The old parks are still loaded up with old nickels and gold rings, because they've been passed over.

beephead

Back
Top Bottom