XP Deus in the US

~Alan~

Forum Supporter
I hear that a small number of XP Deus machines have been made available in the US, with XP selling direct to customers.
With a view to a dealer taking up a franchise.

(I stand to be corrected on this)

Has anyone here bought one, or know someone who has ?

I hear that a small number of XP Deus machines have been made available in the US, with XP selling direct to customers.

It had crossed my mind. I looked them up a few weeks back online and started looking into a bunch of videos of them but decided it's not worth that much. The machine is near 2,000.00 but that wasn't even what concerned me. Everything on it is a wireless setup, the coils have no cords. I'm guessing its something like radio waves. So imagine how much a replacement or extra coil would cost for one of those things alone. Not to mention it would be hard trying to get one serviced if something went wrong with it. I thought it's pretty cool though how the digital display is actually able to be taken off and strapped to your arm. There's some videos on youtube of it going up against another guy with an Etrac. A few times the Deus would hit a coin better than the Etrac but most of the time it was the Etrac hitting the coins better. Deus is lighter and has some pretty neat looking features but I think if I was you I'd save myself 500 bucks and alot of trouble and just go with an Etrac package. Just my 2 cents on it anyway.

I'd be very leery of a machine like this. It looks like far more flash than substance.

The thing that bothers me most is how the coil is powered. There are 3 basic units on the machine (coil, headphones, controller), and they all use LiPo batteries. Lithium polymer is the latest and greatest battery technology, They are not only high current devices, but OEMs can actually mold them to specific applications. High current is good. Proprietary battery shapes are not; when it comes time to replace them, you will HAVE to get them from the OEM.

As for the high-current aspect, the coil requires high current to operate the transmitting coil. The receive coil current is negligible.

But whether LiPo batteries that are molded into a coil casing can match the power of the 8-16 alkalines that most high-end detectors use to power their coils remains to be seen.

Unsurprisingly, I could find no battery specs anywhere on the XP site beyond that they are "LiPo".

This strikes me as an overpriced, over-engineered pretty toy for rich folk that I have a sneaking suspicion won't outperform established metal detectors.

The Deus does seem to be selling well over here in the UK, but it's a bit (ok a lot) out of my price range.
Owners seem to like it, and it seems to work very well. For what it costs here, I'd expect it to be good.
Whether it's that much better than than machines in the same price range, who knows ?
XP in France are selling machines direct to customers in the US for the first time, in what I presume to
be an effort to gain a foot hold in the big American market. Then set up a dealer base ?
They don't sell direct to customers in Europe
It would be interesting to hear from users in the US.

I personally would not want to swing the extra weight of a battery located inside the coil.

There are no US suppliers or dealers. If something breaks your up &*#% creek.

I tried to become a distributor/dealer for them and they basically said they weren't ready or interested in US sales. Says allot to me about their support. Until they have a US distributors, I would stay clear.

I personally would not want to swing the extra weight of a battery located inside the coil.

What weight are you talking about..the stock coil and the stem without the remote weights 890 grams= around 1.9 lbs. with the remote control 992 grams= around 2.1 lbs.;)

From the video's I've seen the setup seems cool but depth is not that impressive and considering I can buy 2 F75's for that price, no thanks.

From the video's I've seen the setup seems cool but depth is not that impressive and considering I can buy 2 F75's for that price, no thanks.

Yeah. I've watched several videos on it. The Etrac gets just as good and alot of times better depth as the Deus and is alot cheaper. A bit heavier but I would take the Etrac over it anyday.

Yeah. I've watched several videos on it. The Etrac gets just as good and alot of times better depth as the Deus and is alot cheaper. A bit heavier but I would take the Etrac over it anyday.

Deus may not be the deepest, but it is considered to be the fastest recovering/separating machine in the market, this it it's real strength..

My very own Xp Deus is hopefully coming tomorrow, so i will be doing plenty of videos about the recovery speed and a depth tests in my test garden with various factory programs, because it seems that there are not enough videos in the youtube about these things, i am pretty sure that plenty of detectorist are interested in these videos i am about to make.:cool:

I have considered it but i have one problem with it.With it being so light (a selling point of XP) how is it going to get through stubble.Once the wheat or whatever has been harvested your left with a stubble field.My Explorer SE is notorious for being heavy but i tell you what,it goes through the stubble very easy.Will the Deus do the same,i dont think so.And after any harvest you usually have a month or so before the farmer rolls the field to get rid of the stubble.Yes it has good features.I like the idea of being able to take the control box off but im a minelab man and thats how it will stay

I have considered it but i have one problem with it.With it being so light (a selling point of XP) how is it going to get through stubble.Once the wheat or whatever has been harvested your left with a stubble field.My Explorer SE is notorious for being heavy but i tell you what,it goes through the stubble very easy.Will the Deus do the same,i dont think so.And after any harvest you usually have a month or so before the farmer rolls the field to get rid of the stubble.Yes it has good features.I like the idea of being able to take the control box off but im a minelab man and thats how it will stay

Well, i suppose Xp Deus being so light, it is not that good at handling the stubble with the stock coil, but if the going gets real tough, i will get my golden mask 3 and it will take care of any stubble problems.

I know how much the Deus cost but what your saying is that you need another ,heavier machine for stubble?here in the UK they cost around £1300.00

Back
Top Bottom