Upgrade question

2108silver1

In a nutshell I have have an ace 400 and love it. I have been thinking of upgrading to a teknetics omega 8500 or a t2. The ace I have is great but will i see a lot better results with The teknetics . and are they that much better than my ace. I have read reviews stating about the t2 vs 8500 . I have heard they perform very close. I am Wanting to upgrade not make a lateral shift. Thank you

What Robotcop asked is important...Tek or Fisher Products are definitely ergonomically superior...plus way more multitude of settings and capabilities, so its not a lateral wash at all...So in that case, I'd say you are thinking right here about an upgrade...

I have an F70 which is a money making beast of a rig! I also had until recently an AtPro, and buddy, you go with the Tek or Fisher to replace that G400 for general purpose dirt work and you will be extremely thankful...

Dont get me wrong...I loved my AtPro for wet work, gold hunting...it hit gold like a train! But a fellow just cant swing that ring as fast and as far on the dry and get the same results as COMFORTABLY as you can with a similar strength Fisher/Tek...

Plus, the F70 has Delta Pitch, and runs forever on a set of AA's...so its about the best ROI kickback rig I can think of....

What Robotcop asked is important...Tek or Fisher Products are definitely ergonomically superior...plus way more multitude of settings and capabilities, so its not a lateral wash at all...So in that case, I'd say you are thinking right here about an upgrade...

I have an F70 which is a money making beast of a rig! I also had until recently an AtPro, and buddy, you go with the Tek or Fisher to replace that G400 for general purpose dirt work and you will be extremely thankful...

Dont get me wrong...I loved my AtPro for wet work, gold hunting...it hit gold like a train! But a fellow just cant swing that ring as fast and as far on the dry and get the same results as COMFORTABLY as you can with a similar strength Fisher/Tek...

Plus, the F70 has Delta Pitch, and runs forever on a set of AA's...so its about the best ROI kickback rig I can think of....

I agree with Mudd on an F70 If you can handle the tones and difficult menu. Its a great unmasker and seems deep. I prefered the stock elliptical coil.

Coins mostly

Thanks guys really appreciate it. Yes I hunt coins 99 percent of the time. I am leaning toward the t2. Been looking at them a long time.

X2

I think the tecs are more aimed at relic hunting compared to the fishers that seemed to be aimed at coins. There's a fisher equivalent to all the tecs and vs versa. I had a f75 (sim to the t2) and still have an 8500 but it's for sale. The 75 is a step up but make sure the detector has the features that are important to you before you choose.

I'd get an F75+. Multi-tone boost process and notch are worth the minimal cost difference for a coin shooter. ACE 400 is no slouch though. For general coin hunting not a huge performance difference. May want to consider an Equinox 600.

I'd get an F75+. Multi-tone boost process and notch are worth the minimal cost difference for a coin shooter. ACE 400 is no slouch though. For general coin hunting not a huge performance difference. May want to consider an Equinox 600.

Now your talking!! This is the route I would take hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Features

I want a machine that will find coins. all I know is when I get a permission or drive 4 hours each way to hunt I want to find coins and miss as little as I can. Not meaning to switch gears from t2 but the minelab xterra 705. Pretty impressive reviews is it above my ace400
Also why does the f75 make a better coin rig than the t2

I swing a 705, most often with a 3kh concentric coil and love it. I can use any machine out there but the 705 is my favorite. I don't believe an ace is in the same ballpark as it. The difference in the tecs vs fishers is the tecs have a wider iron discrimination range or so I've been told. Im sure someone on here knows more than I do about it. That's not to say tecs are lacking.

Used t2

So I came across a used t2 in a pawn shop. Looks solid. Gonna check out serial number with teknetics. Its only 250 bucks. Ready to buy a new one but stumbled across this. If its real and not Chinese will be a good deal maybe. Also depending on warranty etc. Any thoughts

I want a machine that will find coins. all I know is when I get a permission or drive 4 hours each way to hunt I want to find coins and miss as little as I can. Not meaning to switch gears from t2 but the minelab xterra 705. Pretty impressive reviews is it above my ace400
Also why does the f75 make a better coin rig than the t2

I have been using a XTERRA 705 since 2009 and have never felt the need to up grade to something better I feel still to this day it is one of the most under rated detectors ever produced I purchased it when I lived in Ohio I have dug mercs as deep as 12 inches and other things using the 705 so it is a vary good coin machine it does have a pretty steep learning curve to it though but is well worth the effort to learn its language

there is a eBook you can download called understanding your X TERRA written by Randy Horton it is choked full of all kinds of info on all the XTERRA line its a vary good and informative tool and it is free to download and print out

And yes the 705 is quite a bit more of a detector then the Ace 400

Back
Top Bottom