Starting to doubt my F75.

CoiltoSoil

Elite Member
Granted I have the standard F75 without boost, but the depth hasn't really been impressing me. I was at a site today and it was not doing that great. The soil was average, I was running 87 sens, no disc, no notch, and it will still only getting 12in or so on larger trash items. My v3i has been doing VERY well in the depth department. I doubt there's any issues with the detector, as it's been very well cared for, and gets average depth, as well as id's correctly. I'm on the fence about the upgrade for $309, especially now since boost might add an inch or two (with the ability to bump up sens to 99). But even then my V3i would be beating it. I'll have to bring them both out next time and compare signals. I plan to get an E-trac in the next few days, so hopefully I can run a comparison between all 3. Maybe it was just the locations. :?:

Not for nothing, but I sold my F75 LTD when I found I could get the same depth and results with a Omega:lol: And if I still had that 75...I wouldn't send it in to be dumbed down either.

Captain/ Coil To Soil

You have the ability to run DST or normal, I like it because it calmed the machine down, I seen you post before on this, it has no loss on depth as you don't have to run DST Mode, Coil to Soil, I have to look at your setting's in which your getting over 12 inches with your V3i howboutit, wireless headphones will be here this week, Earl PS Captain, it would have only cost you 159.00 with free shipping because you already had boost .

You have the ability to run DST or normal, I like it because it calmed the machine down, Coil to Soil, I have to look at your setting's in which your getting over 12 inches with your V3i howboutit, wireless headphones will be here this week, Earl

Ground filter 5 band pass,
tx boost on,
RX-13 or high as possible,
Disc Sens - 90+,
recovery 40 (haven't found it to effect depth much either way),
single frequency 2.5 (this has a big effect on depth),
as for disc, I accept everything, but only assign tones from 0 to +94.

Running single frequency increases depth significantly over 3 frequency due to having all the power being focused on an individual one. I generally hunt in 2.5. Running this setup gives me huge advantage in depth over the F75 in DE mode, I'm talking several inches, which has me confused.

Depth Brigade

Sounds like you guys are running a depth competition (not unique to this forum BTW). If 95% of all targets are found at 6" or above, why all this focus on depth?

Which would give you the most pleasure - locating a gold ring at 4" or a dime at 12"? If your answer's the dime, then the depth (and not the target) is clearly what you're after.

I think all the machines you're discussing would be more than adequate to locate the vast majority of targets out there.

Berryman

Depends on were you hunt, what your after, what coil you use for the conditions, high end and low end, have them for all conditions, Coil To Soil hunts the fields with LOW trash , most of his targets are deep, that's why we were talking depth, another reason is he has a F75 standard thinking about upgrading to a F75ltd with DST, I also have a F75se with the upgrade, we both also have the V3i, he is buying a Etrac, in which I have also, so it was kinda between us on the depth thing, go try to :hornetsnest::twister: up someone else :lol:

How Deep is Deep Enough?

You're right Surfmaster. I was trying to stir things up. But I really do think there's too much focus on depth on all the forums. But then again, I'm not a relic hunter (too old and decrepit). The GBP, F19 and F75LTD2 are probably wasted on me.

Are you a Weimaraner afficiando? We used to have one. Great dogs!

It's true that 95% of targets are 6in or less, unfortunately most of the areas here have been hit hard, so that 5% is what you want (if you want the old stuff). Also in the woods and fields where things have been plowed and covered by leaves and brush for hundreds of years item's tend to be a bit deeper. If I were hunting more trash filled locations than I'd rather have recovery speed and smaller coils, but for me it's all about depth, and coverage. :D

If you go to the places Im hunting and think your going to come out with a bunch of finds that were six inches or less you'd be disappointed. Boosted f75 has definitely got more depth than the standard model. V3i and Etrac are deep machines too.

I have just now become the owner of a new f75ltd so I have no experience with the machine.

What I have read the boost really helps when you have a area where the grass or leaves and such cause a problem with getting the coil close to the ground. Test from guys that I trust show that in boost mode you can raise the coil 3" or so on a fringe depth target and still get a good signal.

Now that would make you think that you could bury the target another 3" and be able to hit it but you won't.Boost should really help in pastures and woods hunting because of ground cover.

CL also provides a higher ground to coil separation but is slower in response so a slower swing speed is needed.

Like I said guys this is from research of the F75 and not by my experience.

TL

Back
Top Bottom