• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Suggestions for Omega 8000 larger coil?

Dig-Dug

Forum Supporter
Ok guys, I need some input :D

I really want to increase my silver count and feel that I either need a bigger coil for my Omega OR step up to an Etrac.

Anyone have suggestions for a bigger coil for the Omega? How well do the NEL coils work for this machine? Is there any one in particular that seems to work better than the others? I'm thinking about the Attack, Tornado and Storm models. How do the NEL coils compare to the Teknetics 11" DD?

Thanks for any help!

I have been wondering my self latley i even contemplated the 15" big coil since the omega is so light. Im real interested in hearing what others have to say.

I never ran the larger coils on the Omega, but found plenty of silvers with the 11"...Set it up like this - Sens 99, disc 16 to cut down the ground noise, 3 tone, gb, then lower it 10 numbers. When you get a high tone that catches your ears, check the depth, then switch to AT and check the target again to see if it's in the same place and the numbers stay high enough...it's usually a good target, especially when it's 6-7" or deeper. In saturated ground the Omega can find silver a foot deep, but when it's bone dry...4-5" will be your max depth.

subscribing - i have the same itch getting bigger coil. if i were to get one it will be NEL Tornado and use what Capt Silver's setting...i sent my unit for check up came back upgraded to ver. 05 from 04

I never ran the larger coils on the Omega, but found plenty of silvers with the 11"...Set it up like this - Sens 99, disc 16 to cut down the ground noise, 3 tone, gb, then lower it 10 numbers. When you get a high tone that catches your ears, check the depth, then switch to AT and check the target again to see if it's in the same place and the numbers stay high enough...it's usually a good target, especially when it's 6-7" or deeper. In saturated ground the Omega can find silver a foot deep, but when it's bone dry...4-5" will be your max depth.

You better listen to this guy!!:D

I agree with Captain, the 11" DD coil was killer on my Omega. I also ran the NEL Hunter coil on mine and it worked great but was not any better than the 11" coil in my opinion.
That being said, I run the 13" NEL Tornado on my AT Pro and it just sniffs. that deep silver right out.

I agree with Captain, the 11" DD coil was killer on my Omega. I also ran the NEL Hunter coil on mine and it worked great but was not any better than the 11" coil in my opinion.
That being said, I run the 13" NEL Tornado on my AT Pro and it just sniffs. that deep silver right out.

What kind of soil are you hunting in? My AT pro balances around 93 most of the time and I can't help to think that is why it is tough to get the deeper coins?

i will let u know the result when my 15" attack arrives next week. weather permitting.
I will test it on my Omega and ETP

By lowering it 10 numbers..what's it? Sensitivity? Omega will he here Tuesday trying to gain knowledge by picking everyomes brains

Back
Top Bottom