If You Only Could Choose One Detector...

Vito

Elite Member
which one will it be?

What I'm asking for is, if you own or had own and used a few detectors,
which one of them is/was your favorite and why.
What feature do/did you like most?
May be it is/was the batteries, the p/p mode, weigh, balance, depth, disc, etc...

Please do not compare machines as there are enough post about this theme.
I really want to read about your favorite detector, even this is not in production for decades anymore.
(pictures of the older ones will be nice, if available.)

To me the detector of choose is the MXT from White's as it is a very good all performing machine and fits all my needs. The set up to the hunted area will take a moment and I'm ready to hunt.
Ground balance is very easy to do and p/p is dead on with the 950 and 6x10.
Another feature I do like very well is the 3-tone mixed-mode (all metal and disc at same time).

Now, tell me about yours...

View attachment 295382

For me it's the Fisher F75 SE. I love the ergonomics and battery life is amazing. It did take me a while to get used to it but once I did I loved the way I was finding things. Now I'm looking forward to the upgrade Fisher has Yet to fully announce.

I am mainly into coins/ jewelry so my choice would be the White's M6 , good build quality ,fair depth , nice balance , good separation, good distinct tones , a great selection of coils available , has knobs +switch's , accurate ID numbers that are easy to see , good for turf , beach , wet sand and White's has great service .I have a few other detectors for specialized hunting situations but the M6 will cover all of my types of hunting satisfactorily .Swing speed is very forgiving ,I can run it with a Sunray probe and the RNB Lithium battery setup . M6's are a lot of bang for the buck !I've been using one for a few years now and couldn't pass up a really good deal on another used one .

Only one detector? I would have to stick to the sand and for that I want a Sovereign GT. It's simple to use and very very good at finding targets in wet sand.

For me and my type of soil (NJ) and hunting (coinshooting and relics) I prefer my Explorer SE with Sun-Ray probe and RNB battery. This thing goes deep and the battery always lasts longer than I do. GL and HH. Matt

Too hard to say, I'll let you know when I try every machine lol

Never asked about what detector you like most in the market or what will come out "SOON". :lol:

It's more kinda of that sort, in all the time you've been a detectorist, and I know many of you have used more than one detector AND own more than one,
which one would you choose and why if you only can have the ONE.:shock:

To me it will be really interesting to get YOUR opinions about, even if the detector you'd choose as "The One" isn't in production anymore.:compcoffee:

Thanks every one for his response and waiting for more to read about...:yes:

For silver coins the CTX.
For everything I'm thinking maybe the Forks CoRe I am trying out now.
Fast, light and deep.

Right now I like the AKA Berkut 5.
It has way too many hunting options that can be adjusted for any hunting conditions and to owners likings. Yet easy to operate. And finds the loot.

One Detector

My one detector has to do gold nugget hunting in trashy old mining sites, relic hunting in endless acres of plowed fields in Denmark, and wet sand hunting at the beach and do all these things well while not wearing my arm out.

After trying:
Whites V3i - too complicated
MXT - a bit too heavy
Fisher Gold Bug Pro - not enough depth in discriminate
Compass Gold Scanner Pro - too old and unrepairable
Deus - almost there but too big an investment

I have settled on a Fisher F-75 LTD. It is upgraded to latest DST version and is light enough, well balanced, gives me lots of target information and is the deepest VLF detector I have ever used. To top it off, I bought it used and got a smoking deal!

Back
Top Bottom