Eurotek Pro VDI real bouncy...

Tilton

Elite Member
So I have been out a handful of times with the Eurotek, and every coin seems bouncy to me. Almost every coin it seems like bounces around between 80-90. Quarters specifically bouncing from 85-93. I never get a consistent 89-90 or anything like that. Swinging from different directions results in the same thing. A lot of times it even gives the iron tone/iron writing on the screen and after I pull the coin out and swing over the hole it's silent.

Am I the only one with these issues or is this just what you get for the price? This is a big downgrade from the 705 I swung in Missouri and maybe I am just expecting to much from the machine?

All of the coins bouncing around numbers are pretty much at all depths. Most coins I am digging are around 3"-4" deep. It's all red dirt out here. I am not sure if it's high mineralization or not.

Disc on 40
Volume on different levels
Sensitivity usually around 6

Funny because people keep talking about how it's better than the F2... The F2 locks on coins and numbers don't jump like that. Tek Delta 4000 did the same thing, so I sold it...

Other nearby objects in the soil ( especially iron ) and poor ground conditions are usually to blame for bouncy signals and under certain conditions all detectors will do it. Coil size matters , smaller coils help avoid bouncing in multiple target areas sometimes.

Other nearby objects in the soil ( especially iron ) and poor ground conditions are usually to blame for bouncy signals and under certain conditions all detectors will do it. Coil size matters , smaller coils help avoid bouncing in multiple target areas sometimes.

I am using the 8" stock coil. After I pull the coins usually there will be nothing else around the hole and the machine will be silent. I understand having trash and other stuff around it causing it to bounce. That I expected. I didn't expect a clean area of grass with a quarter 3" down to give off numbers bouncing around between 10 different numbers. Half the time I can't tell whether it's a piece of trash or a dime/quarter because they sound and display the same...

Funny because people keep talking about how it's better than the F2... The F2 locks on coins and numbers don't jump like that. Tek Delta 4000 did the same thing, so I sold it...

Reason I chose the Eurotek over the F2. Starting to regret my choice. I just wanted a cheap detector to do a little dirt digging when I didn't want to get in the water, but at the same time be a step up from the ace 250 I had when I first joined the hobby. I know I have a lot more time with the ace than the eurotek, but I am starting to question if it's even a step up, as the vdi is worthless to me, as of right now.

I will most likely spend a lot more time with the eurotek, but I don't see it randomly getting better to show consistent vdi numbers for coins.

F2 F2 F2 F2!
I wish the guts of the f2 were in the body of the ETP. I love the look, balance, of ETP. I love the performance of the F2!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I can say this I never owned one until recently and almost traded it after I go it but figured I would give it a second chance as I saw the same thing you are seeing but finally decided to keep it Slowed my swing speed way down on it and this seem to stop the jumping I did notice that I did a lot better on IDing the target at zero Disc and the numbers did jump a lot but I listen for the faint high tones in between the Iron tones and the audio feature on this cheap unit is awesome I am ordering a Sharpshooter coil for it the other thing I noticed the other day was that the pinpoint feature shows dead center but when you dig the target it always seems to be at where the front of the 8 inch coil was so I don't use it mainly xing it works best

sounds like ground or unit specific issue. the is NOT nomal or acceptible for this machine. my speculation is internal gb is too low.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

I would get in touch with your dealer and or First Texas, there might be a defect with your detector or coil as this isn't the norm for the EuroTek, they lock onto coins very well.

On the F2, swinging too fast or not getting the coin under the center of the coil can cause this.
Do it right and the numbers don't jump.
Could be the same on the ETP, but nobody has mentioned this.

This is not behavior that has been reported by other owners so if those numbers don't calm down with the correct swing speed there is a problem with the unit.
It happens from time to time and can with any new detector.
It is rare but it happens.

this is where an air test would help. if it's solid in the air, your ground must be unique and need internal adjustment. If it's still bouncy then get it replaced. definitely not the norm. It should ID with very little bounce (1-2 numbers) all the way to the edge of detection.

Reason I speculate your ground conditions is the red dirt. I'm pretty sure most of Hawaii dirt is just old iron mineralized volcanic soil. Which would most certainly give you fits on a concentric coil and preset ground balance machine.

I have owned an F2, Delta, and now a Eurotek Pro. All three lock on perfectly on coins. Like a few said above, swing speed may be a factor. Red dirt may also be part of it.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I am gonna do some testing here in the near future. I will make a test garden and write down the numbers for everything and really see how bouncy everything is. I will make sure nothing is around the area trash wise. I am thinking the high mineralization may be right, and not being able to manually ground balance is causing the issues with the red dirt. I wish there were some others here with a similar machine to so some testing, but I don't see anybody dirt digging out here.

If that's the case, the only real option would be to get a higher end detector that will manually ground balance? I don't think I will dig in the dirt enough to warrant purchasing something better. I also don't think I will want to keep using the eurotek if it can't discriminate better. I am kinda stuck in a rut.

Not sure how good these guys would be at doing this, but you might ask.
IF the soil is the problem, (and I would look at other things first since mineralization does not seem to cause this problem for other owners), some companies will customize and adjust the pre-set GB for you if you send some local dirt in with the unit for recalibration.
Calling First Texas and talking to somebody about this problem is your first step.
Ask for Felix...he is a helpful sort of guy, or he tries to be.
I bet they will agree that something is wrong and they will have you send it in for repair, anyway.
A bit of a hassle, especially on a new unit, but stuff happens and when they send it back stabilized and working correctly you will be a much happier camper.

this old $240 Fisher 1266x with 10.5 spider coil is a amazing MD, im getting readings 2' feet deep. i bet it would out do most expensive ones. im getting all the stuff people missed :D ( 2 rings , charms, coins ) and i have only had it out 3 times. if you can find one BUY it! good backup or relic MD. the reviews are off the charts.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I am gonna do some testing here in the near future. I will make a test garden and write down the numbers for everything and really see how bouncy everything is. I will make sure nothing is around the area trash wise. I am thinking the high mineralization may be right, and not being able to manually ground balance is causing the issues with the red dirt. I wish there were some others here with a similar machine to so some testing, but I don't see anybody dirt digging out here.

If that's the case, the only real option would be to get a higher end detector that will manually ground balance? I don't think I will dig in the dirt enough to warrant purchasing something better. I also don't think I will want to keep using the eurotek if it can't discriminate better. I am kinda stuck in a rut.

A DD coil may be all you need but you can make internal adjustments to ground balance/phase on the Euro. It will skew your ID's slightly though but would possibly offer more stability.

DD coil is the easy test. The 10DD would probably perform better than the 11DD in your soil.

The Nel sharpshooter is and excellent coil and cheap compared to the 10DD tek one. amazed at the build quality stability improvements over OEM.

I think indeed that its a ground mineralisation probem and/or an internal GB offset compared with the soils you sweep on. And a DD coil woud indeed be a better choice.

BUT, what I wanted to add, is that you really shoud think twice before getting rid of the unit.

I use one (Europe) with 5-8 and 11 coils, and it has confirmed to me what I already discovered sweeping my Goldbug pro : There are more MASKED targets in the ground than deep ones., this of course within the range of our modern MDs

The ETP excels in UNmasking them. This is priceless !

HH

Nick

Back
Top Bottom