Whoa!

Numil

Elite Member
I go back to work in two weeks so I've been hitting the beaches every morning. Been finding some but not like today's! Two more weeks of non-restricted detecting then back to the grind and only hunting weekends and holidays.

An hour into the hunt in waist deep water I hear a loud tone. I insert the scoop expecting to have to chase the target as usually do but to my surprise, its in the scoop first try.

My heart starts to quicken. The ring in the scoop is Big and Heavy and I'm thinking... Nah! its gotta be Tungsten/Carbide or Stainless Steel. I wasn't wearing my reading glasses for obvious reasons so had to wait until I got home to read the fine engraving on the inside of the ring. Even with my glasses its hard to read so home and a magnifying glass.

At home it reveals its 950 Platinum and weighs 17.2 grams. I have big hands and since I've become... err... fluffy...(for lack of a better term) haven't been able to wear my original wedding ring. The last few years I've been wearing a big silver ring I found as a replacement. That was the only ring I've found that fit me. This new find looks it just might since its big and a super fatty. I try on the ring and it fits ME! Whooo Hoooo! I feel like Cinderella. As for my wife, as they say...... Happy Wife Happy Life!

Thanks for looking all and my your scoop be clanging with that ring sound.

Attachments

• Plat 17.jpg
    Plat 17.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 456
  • Plat 950.jpg
    Plat 950.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 453
  • Plat fits.jpg
    Plat fits.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 461
Last edited:
Well done! Thought my only Plat was stainless until I got my glasses and magnifier as well to confirm. After studying the health issues Plat can cause I decided to stick to yellow gold. Had a friend in Hawaii find out he's allergic to it.

Oh wow! :shock: That is some absolutely beautiful platinum! Seriously congrats! :thumbsup:

Love the Platt! Give the gold and silver a break. You scored a fatty. WTG!
Still have my first platt ring that I found 4 years ago, wish I had sold it then....it was @ $1600 oz then:grin:, now look at it.:(
DL

Back
Top Bottom