Fors Core, 15 hrs + 3 today on it...

Jack Flynn

Elite Member
Today the Fors Core finally sank in. Really a pretty simple machine by most standards but outstanding power and some to spare. Flat out speed and separation, I'm gonna keep my mouth silent on that one lol. Yep I own one of the other machines too. The last 3 hunts I have been hunting some of the trashiest places in America I'll promise you that. Did pretty good but nothing special. Not a great place to learn a machine mind you. This morning got out and asked people in their yards about detecting and the first 2 stops were "have at it" replies. Mind you this is ungodly trashy also but not like places I've been hunting where houses have been burned or torn down and everything small was just mixed into the dirt plus 200 yrs. plus of human trash. This might sound crazy but even with the small coil on the Notka one swing in the trashiest places was 15-20 or more metal objects under the coil vs about 8-10 average today. Now the setting, an older home lot where they actually carried most of the stuff off seems like. Got some 20 coins and dug about the same in trash in about 3 hours. Bottle caps were a problem for me, then I learned a little from the machine. The pinpoint on the machine is second to none for me. A bottle cap would pinpoint over or about an inch. They read the same as a dime or maybe a penny 85 to 82 TID. Well I stopped digging them per the coin signature is short as can be when pinpointing. My observations from today, this machine is a TID watchers dream machine. If when scanning what seems to be a good target and the TID gets right, even amongst the below 40 breakpoint grunts and the conductive sounds I'll bet ya 20 bucks a hole something worth digging is there. I'm not calling it a magic machine but in every hole I dug there was several pieces of metal in the 6 inch diameter plugs I dug and more than not nulling in the ground when the plug was flipped out. Very special coil seems like, must have a very narrow detection edge or something IDK. Another unusual trait with this machine is it will overload on anything bigger than a dime at an inch to an inch and a half. Never had a machine do that but just lifting the coil a couple of inches off the ground if it still overloads chances of it being anything good are almost none. Just might be the small coil? I like it once "I adapted". Depth is superb for a small coil, does not follow the usual rules of coil size at all.
Dug some coins up to 7 inches today at 40 sensitivity. Before I left I ran the mask up to 70 on the machine and just listened to virtually nothing until I ran across 2 quarters about a foot apart, one at 5 inches and the other a little shallower with nails in each ones plug. I didn't hear them at all just conductive sounds. I am liking this machine a lot and it is sinking in and really put on a show for me today when I realized what it was doing or was capable of. Ergonomics issues, there is none with the Core if you have any doubts and I cannot see any with the other coils as they weigh just ounces more than the small coil. The machine just wants to hang on your arm like a feather seems like. I actually have less fatigue with this as compared to yes, the other machine. Just might be the most solid made machines on the market that has passed through my hands, build is second to none on that note. I'm headed back out tomorrow for about half a day, more later, maybe a video in the future

:popcorn:

Yes please! More details.

I have been toying with jumping to a new machine from my AT-Pro and the Fors Core and Deus are at the top of the list.

considering the other machines in your arsenal this one sounds like a beast. i didnt think the fors core had vdi numbers?

Back
Top Bottom