Eisenhower Dollar Coins

tapir

I have quite a few clad Ike dollars from 1972 on that I'd like to get rid of. They are uncirculated, many in rolls. A dealer has offered $1.05 for each one. Is this a good deal?

I think you can get more for them especially if uncirculated. I don't blame the dealer though. It's not like people are busting down his door looking for Ike's. You're better off selling to collectors if you want to make any money on them. Throw an add up on here, I might be interested.

My local dealer will pay .95c, seriously.

I have seen them offered as "silver dollars" on Craigslist, for $5 ea, I spoke to a gentleman selling them, and he was clueless that they were clad coins. \\

I agree, ePay is probably the best chance, but for me would not be worth the effort unless I had hundreds to sell. Even then...

I read an article that believed Ike's are a sleeper coin in years to come in mid to high uncirculated condition. Especially the 40%'ers.

I like Ikes!

I bought a silvery looking one from a dealer, but it was just silver plated. Watch out for silver plated ones. Only certain year "S" minted Ikes were 40% silver. I agree with it being a sleeper. It was the last full sized dollar coin.

My Dad got me a 1971 40% silver proof around 1980 and I seriously do not think it has gone up in value at all, but there a bunch of subtle variations, and the last full size dollar. Too bad the didn't make a .900 version. I guess there are all kinds of .999 bullion dollar coins that size though.
Look at this standing liberty art round
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-oz-Silver-Bullion-Eagle

I own several 'Brown' Ikes in the box. I bought these when silver started to climb back in 2011, and their melt value tripled. I still have them.

Back
Top Bottom