Great Find Today

SpringfieldXD

20180722_192000.jpg
]I'm feeling very lucky today. I got my detector in the fall of 2017 and have been hunting regularly since then, like most of you I have found tons and tons of trash but also some cool stuff. All things considered I haven't been at it very long, although I do spend more than a few hours a week hunting. I try to get out on a regular basis no matter what, consistency beats everything else.

Today I found the coolest yet, a Spanish Real minted in 1776. This is especially awesome because I live near Philadelphia. I'll post pics when I get a chance. The bust is barely visible bu the crest looks good and the date is very clear. This is the kind of day we all live for in this hobby -awesome!

Last edited:
That is a great find,hard to top it.congrats on the find,and being from Philly it just makes it that much more memorable..Hope you weren't in n.philly,those guys will take your rig.lol

Thanks

I realize how lucky I was, but the area I was searching has yielded reales before (so I've heard). It's a farm field still in use today that's been in use since the early colonial period. I have also found antique buttons, musket balls, etc... in this place so there have hints it was possible.

The ACE 400 is pretty limited in many ways, but when it comes to coins its an.....(you guessed it) ACE! i feel like they basically designed this as a coin finder first and foremost.

Congratulations on your great luck through persistence!!!
A silver coin like that is still only a dream for me.

Back
Top Bottom