Are Tesoros different?

Vito

Elite Member
I know, swinging a detector around his longitudinal axis back and forth isn't the way you (mean I) have to swing a detector.

But doing so while hunting today the DeLeón sounds of. That was very curious to me. Never noticed anything like this with my fisher, white's or minelab.

For a better understanding what I mean I put a vid on youtube.

The link is not active anymore.

Tested this with a fisher and the CZ-70 is quiet all the way.

Something wrong with the Tesoro? (I know, don't move it that way. lOl ):lol:

Any help is appreciated.

In your video, there's a large loop in your coil wire on the shaft.
If it can wiggle it will false or beep like when your shaking it.

My Cortes doesn't do that for me.
Try rewrapping the coil wire and try it again, hope it works.

Nice video...

I've only had my Vaquero for a few months, but my machine does not do that. Since mine is manual ground balance, it will act erratic when swinging in a poor ground balanced state. Sorry I could not be of more help.
joe

Ugly noise

Vito, check coil wire connections, and redo them any way. A poor cable wrap could cause a bit of falsing, but nothing like that. If the machine is in warranty, and it should be for 5 years, I would send it back and have them test the coil. Methinks it's a junker. No detector should do that. Oh, and by the way, the u-tube was great. No beating around the bush. Brief, and to the point. Call the good people at Tesoro, and forward the U-T to them. My best guess is they will fix you up no questions asked.......Gil

First, unplug the coil wire where it enters the control box (Leave the shaft and coil attached, just unplug it).

Now try what you did in the video again.
I suspect there will be no sound this way, but if there is, the problem is inside the control box, and not outside of it, so it narrows our troubleshooting.

If it is silent, then reconnect the wire and do the following:

1) do the "shake" again and see if it still does it (if it doesn't, it might have just been a loose connection at the box).

If it still does it, then place it someplace steady like wooden stairs or maybe even on the ground or whatever, and do this:

2) Wiggle the coil wire near the fitting where it goes into the box and see if you can get a response.

3) Wiggle the wire where it enters the coil and see if you can get a response.

4) Grasp the coil from the bottom (kind of like holding a bowling ball) and twist your hand quickly but gently back and forth and see if you can get a response.

Doing the above and noting the various responses (or lack of) should give us a few more clues to work with.

It might be a loose connection or you have a bad case of cable slap going on try the easy fixs first rewrap the coil wire then see if the connection is lose at the top and go from there let us know:?:

I tried that with mine but I had the 5 inch coil on it. It did not false with the 5 inch but it does what yours is doing with the full stock coil.
I know in the field It does not false but I`m not shaking it either.
I`m going to try some things but I`m not worried about it either.
OK..I`m adding to the post after securing the coil wire with tape.
It nearly cut out the falsing completely on mine.
They are a very sensitive detector and it may be impossible to completely eliminate it but I`m open to Ideas also if anyone has any. It arises from the coil wire I`m pretty shure.

Picture993.jpg

Thank You Very Much

@ IntoIt
Thank you very much. This was really helpful and I appreciate it very much.
You're correct! It does not false in the field and it is quiet while the coil is tapped.
The DeLeón is a very superior detector. I'm glad there is no need sending the 'tector back.:yes:
Thank you very much again.:D:yes::D

@ emfederin
Thank you for the trouble shooting guide. But if the coil is disconnected the DeLeón is sounding full way. So I had the coil only with the lower and middle rod and fixed the cable like in IntoIt's picture shown. Then twisted the control-box. No sound.:D Yep, the "problem" is the coil section. Very sensitive as IntoIt mentioned.

@ ALL
Thank you all very much for your help. As it's name says, this is a very friendly metal detecting forum.
So to speak the most friendly.:yes::D:yes:

@ IntoIt
Thank you very much. This was really helpful and I appreciate it very much.
You're correct! It does not false in the field and it is quiet while the coil is tapped.
The DeLeón is a very superior detector. I'm glad there is no need sending the 'tector back.:yes:
Thank you very much again.:D:yes::D

@ emfederin
Thank you for the trouble shooting guide. But if the coil is disconnected the DeLeón is sounding full way. So I had the coil only with the lower and middle rod and fixed the cable like in IntoIt's picture shown. Then twisted the control-box. No sound.:D Yep, the "problem" is the coil section. Very sensitive as IntoIt mentioned.

@ ALL
Thank you all very much for your help. As it's name says, this is a very friendly metal detecting forum.
So to speak the most friendly.:yes::D:yes:
Good luck with the deleon, it is a powerful machine! I dont land hunt much so mine doesnt get much use, I think I will take it to the park here in a few, its only 99 degrees out today :spin:

Back
Top Bottom