• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1690 house

CTpilgrim

Elite Member
So I went to pick my daughter up yesterday at a friends house and when I pulled up I couldn’t believe the house I was at. The girls father came out and we got to talking about hunting and fishing in the area and I mentioned that I also was into detecting. He told me to please come over and detect the property on the condition that I take him out duck hunting and show him around the area. Sometimes you just step in it and this guy may be my new best friend. They bought the property a year ago and don’t know if it’s been detected before. He said he has found two wells on the property and supposedly rev war troops hid there from the British back in the day. There is no history of any battles in town but who knows. George Washington himself did travel through the area and gave a speech not far away. I will be heading there at the first chance I get.

Long ago, 1970's,. A friend was house sitting a house in Naugatuck that was a small Inn back in the days Washington came thru CT. Supposedly Washington stayed there a night. I sat up all night with the house sitter, listening to the old house Creek n crack with suspicious noises as we drank a bunch of beer. I can't even remember what street in Naugy that old place was. I hope it still stands today. Have great luck hitting that old place that you've come into. Post us the pics of some finds.

Back
Top Bottom