Will it benefit to upgrade Garrett Ace 250 Coil? UPDATE: I'm In Love !!!!

Thrifty Reviews

Own Garrett Ace 250. Came with 6.5 x 9" coil. Would like to add a couple of ground inches to my search. If I upgrade to the 8.5 x 11" coil, will it make me happy? :D

Thanks,
Julie

Own Garrett Ace 250. Came with 6.5 x 9" coil. Would like to add a couple of ground inches to my search. If I upgrade to the 8.5 x 11" coil, will it make me happy? :D

Thanks,
Julie

yes its worth it, the 8.5x11 DD will get you better target seperation and slightly better depth. the only thing you'll have to get used to is pinpointing with the DD

I have the oposite situation.I have the ace 350,with a 8.5×11 and I want a smaller coil.Wanna trade ? Lol

:lol: If I didn't want my smaller coil for the parks ... Heck yeah! :lol:

Purchased the 10 x 14 DD Elliptical Excelerator Coil today, after doing more Metal Forum research & Youtube. Will be here Saturday. And right when I was learning the standard coil, too. Guess this is how it goes with the addiction. Have, need more. Upgrade, down grade, switch gears, switch names, then buy for water. I need to find gold for this hobby. :laughing:

:lol: If I didn't want my smaller coil for the parks ... Heck yeah! :lol:

Purchased the 10 x 14 DD Elliptical Excelerator Coil today, after doing more Metal Forum research & Youtube. Will be here Saturday. And right when I was learning the standard coil, too. Guess this is how it goes with the addiction. Have, need more. Upgrade, down grade, switch gears, switch names, then buy for water. I need to find gold for this hobby. :laughing:

Hey thrifty please update this thread when you do the upgrade and test it out... I was thinking about the same thing for my ACE 350...

The 8.5x11 DD is a great coil once you get the pinpointing down! It will test ya, just keep at it. I just got the sniper, but haven't got out yet... :stormy: HH

Picked up my 10x14" DD coil yesterday. YUMMY! AND it's waterproof ???!!!! Gotta dig into that a little more before tempting it but for now, it's all about going back over my 10 acres, along with a friends, and another friends 800 acres that have come open to me.

I hit an area of my yard, a 50 foot straight path, that has already been swiped twice with the standard coil. Found 3 more shells.

Pin-pointing ... Yikes! What a huge difference. The photo shows where I thought the target was but had to keep digging to find it. Did that MANY times over. And yes ... the shell was buried that deep. It was the Peter's Target shell. How awesome is that?!

Excited about the new shells, I booked it over to my friends house, where I found that old lock in the past. Found another internal piece to an old clock, along with other stuff. Trust me ... that's a thread of it's own! :yes: Husband declares I am going to need a little red wagon to haul everything around. :laughing:

Did find these two button like things. They were about a foot apart from one another. Not sure what they are?? The detector was pinging on some more in that area, but my friend called & sent me over to the stuff that deserves it's own thread. Need to figure out what these button are first.

Do I think this was worth the upgrade price (HECK YES!), plus the extra in shipping (HECK NO!), hassles with FedEx (Not Kellyco!! They did their job! Took someone else in another thread that is now closed, to point out my wrong thinking) ..... Filed complaint but still a HECK YES!

Standard coil ... you've been broke up!!

RECOMMENDED !!!!

Here I come 10 acres !!! :D

Attachments

• pinpoint.jpg
    pinpoint.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 3,363
  • Buttons.jpg
    Buttons.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 3,094
  • Small lot.jpg
    Small lot.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 3,193
Have you tried using the tip of the coil. I have one of those coil on my 250 i use the tip can't remember exactly where it pinpointed I think it was just under the tip maybe just a little in front.

Have you tried using the tip of the coil. I have one of those coil on my 250 i use the tip can't remember exactly where it pinpointed I think it was just under the tip maybe just a little in front.

Strange thing ... I find the correct spot faster, if the coil is turned upside down. Don't ask me. All that can be said ... it worked. Today though, in my yard, I was hitting everything straight on. :stars:

Strange thing ... I find the correct spot faster, if the coil is turned upside down. Don't ask me. All that can be said ... it worked. Today though, in my yard, I was hitting everything straight on. :stars:

Try this on pinpointing.

1)acquire your target and make a line on the ground vertically in line with the center of the coil.
2)turn 90 degrees and acquire the target again. Where those 2 lines intercept the target will be exactly there.

Back
Top Bottom