Honey, I'm hooooomeee!

fishlicker

Hey ya'll! What a nice site you have here! I'm just getting into the treasure game at 37 years old, and I know a heckuva lot about flyfishing( you wanna know what size tippet to use with a 4 wt line and a #12 BHHE, I gotcha covered! :) ) and NOTHING about detecting.....or "detectin' " as it's surely called here in the South!
I've kind of wandered my way over from some gold panning sites. You see, I live about 15 minutes from the gold belt in GA and I tried to get into that, but after seeing some folks dredging rivers for day and coming up with little or nothing, I think I'd rather be finding something - even if it is old pop tops! :)

I just finished reading the "funny things while detecting" and I was crying I was laughing to hard. Surely you folks that are into this hobby have a great sense of humor and I love to laugh myself silly!

So, I just wanted to say hello ( or howdy, or hey, or whatever ya like) and say that this detectin' thing sounds like something I'd enjoy! If there's anyone from North GA here and you wouldn't mind me going with you sometime for just a couple of hours I'd appreciate it. That would probably let me know if I was going to like it or not. ( Of course, I don't want anything you find....I just wanna get a taste of treasure hunting! )

Thanks and I'll be asking dumb questions only from now on. :) heh.

Last edited:
welcome to the forum. i hope you find someone to take you out and give you a trial run. but if you don't, still give it a try. there are some simple machines out there that have a good resale value.

Glad to have you here! Maybe you can see if there is a detecting club in your area. You'll get good guidance and all your questions answered to boot.

welcome

welcome to the forum, drop me a PM and let me know
where in N.GA you are located, I am in Waynesboro.

Kona

Welcome to the forum!!............I too am fairly new to MDing. If you like finding things, this is the hobby for you. You'll find anything from rusty ol' nails to gold.

That's what I'm afriad of! My last hobby became a way of life for nearly 20 years! ( Flyfishing for trout!) Then there were motorcycles....then video games...a two week date with gold panning ;) LOL ....and now this..........

I've always wanted to try it though, and i'm approaching middle age - so now's the time to do what I've always wanted to do!

I always wanted a full size 4X4 truck. had one two years ago.
Always wanted a Jeep Wrangler - got one now.
Always wanted a 600+ cc bike. had one last year.
always wanted to get into detecting - - - - -? Soon, maybe! :)

Thanks for the welcome!

Back
Top Bottom