Columbia, il

Hi all,
I have never used an metal detecting mach. I have one comming today.
I am looking for someone to show me the ropes on hunting.
Weekends and after work I am free.
Please email me.
[email protected]
Greg:?:

Welcome aboard Greg. I was Navy from 75 to 05 :yes: I'm not in your area so I can't help there. I did grow up in Joliet though. I decided to settle in Florida when I finished up.

Wish I lived closer to you. I am up in central part. I live in Findlay. I see you have a Time Ranger. That looks like a nice machine. Top of the line for Bounty Hunter.:wow: :lol: I have a Land Star and love it. If you are ever up this a way give me a holler. Be fun to help someone learn the ropes. I know I am 17 but I have metal detecting 5 years. I am still learning though. Never stop learning it seems like.:lol:

Just got done with my first hunt. I was looking on some land I own, there is a trailer home on the land, I am getting rid of it. So I went hunting in the front yard. I found some Junk about 10 things, Yes pull tabs and foil. BUT I found 2 pennys one dime and a quarter 1966, it was 6 inch down and out in the middle of the yard. I have been reading a lot here and it is helping(thank you all). I was digging up everything, I have found out just because you hear a beep once, you don't have to dig, And I think I am digging to big of a hole too. I need to watch someone work and see how they do it. But yes i am filling back in the holes I dig. I was using headphones but the wire keeps getting in the way when I dig. Do you take off the phones everytime you dig???:?: I have access to a lot of old farm homes too. I work (driving a truck) for farmers and they all told me I can check out all of thier land, Very old places and a life time of hunts too. A lot of old rocks home and barns on thier places.
hope some one can help me soon.
Greg

Not a bad start. To bad that quarter wasn't 2 years older and then it could be silver. I dig on every repeating signal. If it beeps I go back over and then pinpoint it. I try to make as little as hole as possible. I used to dig a plug and pull it out but I have been trying a new thing at the school by just cutting a flap so the grass is still attached at a point and then I flip it over and see if I can find it in the hole. I will still end up cutting a plug sometimes though. I leave my headphones on full time when I detect. I just set my detector off to my right and then dig the hole right in front of me. It works great for me. Looks like you have alot of places to hit now.;) I have quite a few also.:yes: I just need to get there. I gotta finish the school up first. Got a $1.86 out of it so far. Good luck. If you have any questions just ask. I would be glad to help you and so would everyone else here.:yes:

No problem. Glad I could help. There aren't any clubs around me. I think the closest one is up in Peoria for me.

Back
Top Bottom