Excelerator Coil

tjr35

Elite Member
Was able to go for a quick lunch time hunt this afternoon to try out my new excelerator coil on the Ace 250. Can tell it will take some getting used to but so far so good. It definitely covers a lot of Ground quickly and really loves bottle caps. I dug 13 of them expecting quarters in less than an hour.

I bought the big coil for my 250 also. You are right it does not disc out bottle caps very well. However, It does go deeper than the stock coil, it is a DD but you lose some of the DD advantages because of the size of it. But the coil is very good for certain applications. When searching large areas in low trash for specific items it really adds to the capabilities of the 250. I keep my stock coil on my Ace for parks and such but keep my big coil handy for fields and lower trash areas. I have found that playing around with the sensitivity settings up and down depending on where you are hunting helps some with the bottle caps and junk. You might try it and see if it works for you. Hope this helps. HH Sonny

Back
Top Bottom