Excal shaft/harness question

TheCoilist

Elite Member
So I am recooping from a hand injury as some of you might know. Have some permanent damage to my fingers and the articulation is a long way off. Sold of about half of my gear. I did keep the lighter machines such as the AT Pro and Excal. I did a beach hunt with the AT Pro and had a lot of fun. Had no choice in the detector selection as the Excal setup I have is a bit unwieldy now.

I have a RodsbyPlugger 3 pc. rod where the control module is mounted behind the arm cuff. I had a couple of questions.

1) If I move the module to just under the arm cuff would that throw the balance out of whack?

2) Obviously to lighten the rod's weight I should take the module out of the equation all together. I still have the OEM minelab belt or harness or whatever it comes with still wrapped in a package somewhere. Do they make aftermarket harnesses somewhere that may be better than the minelab version?

journey

The answer is yes,it is mounted behind the cuff to balance out the weight,moving it to under the cuff will increase the weight, and decrease the balance,maybe you need to go to a chest mount set up,like I have on my cz20,plugger makes it sold on ebay,happy hunting and good luck with your hand ,hope thing's get better,Earl ps I would give William a call maybe he can make a set up for you,as he has done for me special in the past.

Awesome, will look into that. I was able to keep my fingers, just lack the ability to close them all the way and now have permanent nerve damage, so the more I can take off in terms of weight the better!

Thanks for the input!

glad to help u

I have disabilities myself,i have learned to live with them,every year,something else,you learn to work with them that's just the way it is,don't let it get you down,enjoy life journey,happy hunting Earl

Back
Top Bottom