ProPointer battery life

The PP will start to chirp intermittently when the battery is getting low, as to how long I am not sure yet, I just changed mine for then first time after 3 hunts, but I can't be sure how long that battery sat in mine on a shelf somewhere. Since changing it I have only used it for about 3 hours.

weak light from LED bulb, weak vibrator, scratchy sound, maybe even lower volume.
That's why you got to know your device with batteries on full. Put the led against your hand or try it in the dark so you know how strong it should look like...

The pro pointer will also make a siren noise when the battery has been fully used. I always bring a spare 9v with me just in case.

The pro pointer will also make a siren noise when the battery has been fully used. I always bring a spare 9v with me just in case.

Yep, I always use my detector batteries when they get to two bars and can usually get 2=3 hunts out of them. I too always carry extra batteries for the propointer.

Yeah, It makes a completely different sound when its time to change the battery. there is no mistaken it. I always have extra batteries with me and don't worry about it until I hear that sound.

I might go thru 2 batteries a year

same here. and when the battery does get low enough and you get that siren sound, you'll KNOW it! scared the heck outta me the first time i ever heard it, haha! :laughing::laughing:
and a little tip: when your battery gets low enough for the siren tone, you can still get a few more digs out of it. just shut it off for a little while and then try to limit how long you have it turned on. in other words, try to locate your target a bit faster and then shut the PP'er off again right away rather than leaving it turned on while you're digging. you should be able to locate several more targets with it before the siren kicks in again. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom