Weekend salvaged - another double silver

geodawn

Forum Supporter
This weekend started with Saturday being a total cold washout. I was pleased to find Sunday in the low 50's, but still very windy. You definitely wanted to be in the sun to keep from freezing, so I went back to an old trusty park in town. This is a place that I pounded with my trusty old F75 for 2 years. The Etrac was able to pull out some goodies - '43 Merc, '44 silver war nickel and a dateless buffalo. I think every Merc so far this year has been a '43.

Attachments

• coi.jpg
    coi.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 579
Went back tonight with my 5 year old son. I told my wife that he's my good luck charm since I almost always pick up silver with him tagging along...he has the attention span of a gnat and the universe rewards me since I have to put up with so much crap. :lol: True to form, we picked up another silver...'28 rough Merc.

Attachments

• co.jpg
    co.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 508
Great little finds. Always a thrill when you're able to pull up some oldies time and again at certain places. Congratulations.

NebTrac

congrats on the silver, and getting to spend some quality time with a little one. chances are he'll pick up the hobby when he grows up because of the outings you take him on now.

Impressive! The silver nickel and buffalo show how hard you were working! I bet you dug several pull tabs.

It has been crap here too. We've had four inches of rain in the past two weeks. Even when it gets nicer it'll be a weak before the mud disappears. Glad you got out and enjoyed the break in the weather. Congrats on the silver.

Nice finds! My ten year old can hang most of the hunt, but he brings his "GI Joes" with him, just in case he needs a break! :)

A good day

It has been hard to get a good weather day lately but I'm like you..I'm out there reguardless. You have been justly rewarded. WTG.

Good job on that silver Geo!
Its been raining and snowing here in the past several days, seems like forever...:badrain:

Back
Top Bottom