TreASURE hUNTING

Texdon

Hello everyone, my name is Don Stephenson and I have been MD'ing for about ten years, mostly
in and around Tulsa and have done quite a bit of detecting here in Texas where I now live.
Hope you ALL had a nice Christmas and happy hunting.

Welcome Don
I am very new to this forum also. Say-I lived in Tulsa back in the late 70's. Beautiful place. Alway something to do and see with all the lakes and parks. This was before my MDin' days. My favorite place was Spavinaw lake area. We had a lot of picnics there. I'm back in Texas now (north central area).
Best of luck with your detecting ventures.

Al

Welcome to the forum Don. I live around Tulsa, got any good spots you'd like to share now that you've moved away :lol:

Welcome to the forum, you will enjoy the chit-chat here. It is fun and entertaining not to mention very informative :lol:

Where in Texas are you located? Welcome . I just got to Texas Tuesday and hunted a sports field yesterday. No gold but a good supply of quarters and a $1 coin. I'll get to the Valley on the 1st. Rob

OkieDigger said:
Welcome to the forum Don. I live around Tulsa, got any good spots you'd like to share now that you've moved away :lol:

Hello Okiedigger, good to hear from you. You asked if I could tell you a good place to hunt in Tulsa; I don't know if they still have the Indian stomp dances at Mohawk park or not, but that was always a good place to go after they had their stomp dances; which lasted sometimes for a week.
Also, there used to be a large tract of ground on North Peoria street just past the Oklahom Steel Casting Company, it is located on the right hand side of the road going North; it was called " The Barton Show Grounds" where they always had several Circuses during the summer, this is a place where I really believe a TH'er could pick up some good stuff; I never did go there because there was a lot of other places I was checking out.Also check out the Fairgrounds there, it was always good for a few rings and a pocket full of change after they had there different functions.
Other then that there are a lot of parks in Tulsa, and Playgrounds galore; pay particular attention to the area around the swings, someone could sling off a ring while swinging a child.; if you DO
get around to any of these spots, let us know how you did. Happy er uh digging.

I've been to some of the parks in Tulsa...not the greatest places to find old coins. However, the circus place sounds good. I bet it's been it heavily though. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom