Minelab Explorer SE help with find more gold?

RRdigger17

So I consider myself a professional detectorist with my SE Pro I've found hundreds of coins silver and copper and just tons of awesome finds. But only one gold item being an old gold ring. Which I found in a park I hunted to death and took every high tone out of and decided one day to only dig pull tabs and that's how I found the ring. I'm just reaching out to anyone who may have mastered the gold finding art with the explorer SE or E trac and can maybe be some assistance with this. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Rob

Hey there. I'm no master with my Explorer SE. I just got it last year. Mostly use the SEF 8X6. Found my first real gold ring last summer. I was in the Smart Find mode and the signal was in the nickel range. Good post. I hope to learn from some responses too. GL and HH. Matt

Easy! Dig everything with low ferrous numbers. Most gold comes in anywhere from below nickel to around copper penny conductive range (depending on content, physical size, and total mass).
You will dig a ton of pulltabs and canslaw, but that is all in the range you'll find gold too.

Thanks for the tips. I was just wondering if there was that certain set of numbers that falls mainly for gold and not pull tabs. I mean every place I go to I know I'm just walking over gold jewelry like I know it's there it's just a matter of how many pull tab signals I decide to dig that day. I mean that's how I see it. I was just looking for a person with possibly more expierence in the gold area lol although that person may be hard to find due to the fact that if there really was a secret number it probably would remain a secret. Thanks again. Anymore info is appreciated! I recently got the 15x18 coil. First find was a barber quarter 11 inches down. Any other tips with the bigger coil?

Hey think about the 13 inch ultimate coil. It hits nickels better than any other coil for some reason. I'm finding gold now with that coil.You will still dig trash but gold hits really hard you can almost tell. I fould small gold with it also.

If your interested in smaller gold you will need to keep your sens turned up as high as possible. Try it with one of your wifes small gold earrings and you will see what I mean.
As another poster said, ignore the coins and concentrate on more of the middle range tones. A lot of gold falls into the nickel area so on your screen or your numbers(if you use digital) make sure your paying attention to that area.
Your gonna dig a lot of junk like foil but that's what you gotta do.
Also I don't like discrimination much, just a little in iron mask mode, enough say to knock out small iron like a bobbypin. Just a few bars.

I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but if you really need advice, here it is: Get rid of your Explorer SE. This is the worst detector for gold, had one myself.

I know it's not the answer you want to hear, but if you really need advice, here it is: Get rid of your Explorer SE. This is the worst detector for gold, had one myself.

Maybe you did not dig the right tones. 12-01,13-06,14-08,15-08 ,11-07 are the signals this year for the gold I have found. Gold tends to ring up in the nickel range. You may be right and I may be missing some gold but it really seems to be on par with my other detectors on trash to gold ratio. The ultimate coil will find smaller gold chains and it did find a gold charm at 5 inches that was smaller than a dime. I know for a fact that the ultimate coil hits nickels and gold harder by finding a gold ring and 24 nickels on one hunt. I have never dug that many nickels ever. Good luck and happy hunting!!

Want gold? Head to the beach! Just kidding..kind of...:lol:

I never thought the Etrac was such a great gold machine actually (great on the silver). Of course it will find gold but it comes in about the same as junk (both on the sound and by the numbers) so as others have said, you have to dig it all. Silver and copper sing out high and loud...gold often sounds like a pulltab or canslaw unfortunately so you just need to dig all those 'junky' sounding signals. :no:

Back
Top Bottom