etrac rechargeable pack vs. AA pack..difference?

for me it's no big deal to charge my battery every couple days I would rather spend the money on a coil, extra shaft, or good digging tool,

It was a justification for him to not be pressured into paying for a premium battery...I wouldn't be without mine. ..and yes its more than worth it...better than a coil or a shaft or a digger...really.

LittleJohn

Update......I must have received a bad battery with my etrac cuz I let it charge for 24 hours, put ot in the etrac, hunted for an hour and it is down to one bar. Gonna call ML on Monday but in the meantime I got some nimh rechargeables for the aa battery pack. Really want that rnb pack now! I do not consider a quality battery pack a "money to burn" type purchase, it is a MUST to have batterires that work or your detector, diggers, and coils become doorstops as you can't put the coil to the soil without

that is normal and it will get better after it cycles a few times but will still run a long time after that. and I don't agree but respect your opinion, the machine will find stuff just the same no matter if has Dollar Store Batteries, $30 worth of rechargables or a $125 dollar battery in it. A different coil will help you find more stuff, a pinpointer will help with recovery getting your to the next target faster, extra rods makes switching coils much easier, only thing it does is let you recharge less often and what it takes two minutes top to remove the battery put it on a charger and remove it from charger and replace it ... I have the Sanyo Rechargables and after 20 hours it's down half way ... got the stock battery for a backup if needed at all times. If my Stock Battery died then yes I would probably buy one but not till then.

Update......I must have received a bad battery with my etrac cuz I let it charge for 24 hours, put ot in the etrac, hunted for an hour and it is down to one bar. Gonna call ML on Monday but in the meantime I got some nimh rechargeables for the aa battery pack. Really want that rnb pack now! I do not consider a quality battery pack a "money to burn" type purchase, it is a MUST to have batterires that work or your detector, diggers, and coils become doorstops as you can't put the coil to the soil without

If this is the first time you used it, don't throw it away! Charge it again. Sometimes it can take a few charge cycles to get up to full power. I think I remember my factory battery going dead really fast the first time.

If this is the first time you used it, don't throw it away! Charge it again. Sometimes it can take a few charge cycles to get up to full power. I think I remember my factory battery going dead really fast the first time.

I have charged it about 4 times now. Every time I sit down at home to make discrim patterns and save modes the battery has run down from 4 to 1 bar in about an hour. Gonna keep running it down and charging it a couple more weeks but if it doesn't start to hold some charge ML will be called. In the meantime I got some rayovak 1650 mha nimh rechargeables and they work great. Hunted 3 hours and still at full bars.

Surfchunker, I totally respect your opinion as it really doesn't matter which batteries you use. I just like to not worry about changing out or carrying 8 or 16 batteries with me every time I go out. It gets to be a lot to carry when your in deep woods!

RNB is the answer to battery life !!!!

The RNB battery is the single best investment you can make towards your metal detector !!! Bar-nun. Let me see.....power for 40 hours of continuous hunting or gee the other ones crapping out in the middle of a great hunt ..... Let me see... I'm worried about I could get another coil or be without power or.... buy another coil and still have no power to run either of them ? :laughing:

If you have all the information on this pack you can probably take ur battery case to a hobby town or hobby store and have one built up they will even solder it up for you or at lease get something very comparable to it for half the price

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

If you have all the information on this pack you can probably take ur battery case to a hobby town or hobby store and have one built up they will even solder it up for you or at lease get something very comparable to it for half the price

The problem with that, is that the factory battery doesn't have much extra room. The battery case is sealed so it would have to be cut open to be modded, and then glued back together. That could very easily make your brand new battery that you saved $ on, completely useless. You will also have to buy a new charger for the different batteries.

You wouldn't use the 'rechargeable pack. Use the pack that the AA's you would buy. I dont have my machine yet so I can't see the battery holder yet. But am sure they can make something better up cheap.

Am sure the upgraded battery will be smaller and lighter.

Am sure the upgraded battery will be smaller and lighter.

You should probably wait until you have one in hand before making comments. The battery has to be the same size or it won't work. A mm or 2 too short and it wont lock in. Too wide, it won't go in. Too narrow it will wobble and lose connection. This isn't a White's battery pack that you just clip the battery cable onto.

Why do you think RNB made the pack as powerful as possible? They had to keep the same physical size, so why not pack more power into it. That battery is also part of the counterbalance. Make it lighter and it's going to be an even bigger PIA to swing for long hunts.

so far My Sanyo Eneloops XX have well over 20 hours and still have at least half charge ... it's not like the stock battery will die in the field on a one day hunt ... for me I will keep using the Eneloops and have the stock Battery as the backup if it dies while I'm hunting ... Yes the RNB is a great product and if my stock battery would go belly up I would buy one, but my dealer has been using his stock battery for 3 years and it's still going strong and he hunts hard core in the DIV hunts

Back
Top Bottom