Everything is silver

History Junkie

Hi all,

Been wandering around the farm with the ace 250 and this thing is a real metal finder. I think I have pulled 50 lbs of Iron out of my back yard alone!! Only problem is, I have the detector set on the coins setting. A foot long length of 2" casing showed up as a coin.
My question is, if I really do come across some coins, will this thing ding like mad? I am still digging everything and am starting to feel that a real coin hit must give a different signal than the trash. :?:

Also, I am consistantly finding shards of old crocks when I dig..............But I know the previous residents were dirt poor and most likely incapable of caching coins in crocks. But I find the shards interesting.......................... ;)

Wellcome to the site. Practice makes perfect keep swinging. Cladius.

Hello and welcome. Large pieces of iron can make the Ace indicate a coin. So can large pieces of aluminum. Flattened aluminum screw caps will also. If you lift your detector above the target and still get a strong signal at over 6 +" it is probably a large piece of metal.

I got my ace 250 last year but havent been able to use it much because of carpal tunnel. I found that it "dongs" a lot, on almost every swing. When I do hit a coin (usually a penny) it will go dingding ding ding ding. You will notice the difference. Just take a coin and lay it on the ground beside a nail or something. Youll hear the difference. Dont be digging up every "dong". Wait for the dingdingdingding. Sometimes youll get single "dings". They end up being junk also. Its hard to explain. lol

Back
Top Bottom