sand shark vs Sov gt question

The Sov is deeper than my Xcal..... which is just as deep as the CZ. Here in Fl where there isnt much mineralzation the Sov can be as deep as a CTX.

Dew

Even the stock coil will out shine a CZ especially in the wet salt sand. I tested the stock against a 13" ultimate and the ability to run it a bit hotter all things kind of equal out with a high salt content. Its almost like air testing down here unless you hit a patch of black sand or buried sea weed.

Dew

Ron Nelson still makes a 180 meter for the Sovs. I just got one, works like a charm.
If you call having an idea of what your target might be, then I agree.
I bought one too. It died within 8 months of rare use. The problem is the cheap Centech meter he uses. The display starts dropping digits and it is hard to calibrate when you change coils. I just stopped using it. On the beach it just go in my way.

Your signature says CZ-21. The Sov won't beat this.

I have both the CZ-21 and GT. I bought the GT for the versatility of changing coils. With the 15" WOT, it's my go-to machine. In the winter I'll go with the CZ in the wet weather.

R5

I picked up a Sovereign elite off feebay. Hope it does the job. My fingers are itching. I plan on putting it in a water proof box like so many others have. That was my only worry. I like to hunt the surf zone and sometimes waves will sneak up on me. Thanks for the help. I have a week long camping trip at the beach coming up so I hope to get it some use.

I picked up a Sovereign elite off feebay. Hope it does the job. My fingers are itching. I plan on putting it in a water proof box like so many others have. That was my only worry. I like to hunt the surf zone and sometimes waves will sneak up on me. Thanks for the help. I have a week long camping trip at the beach coming up so I hope to get it some use.

Good luck! :cool:

The beaches in California are great beaches for wet sand hunting due some huge tide changes,,,,having said that, GT all the way,,,,,you will waste so much time digging stuff with the SS that the GT will ignore and time is essential in hunting,,,,GL HH

I got my elite today. Appears to work fine but the coil wire is falling apart. The guy said it had one crack in it up near the box, but when I got it it had another near the coil. Then I found one mid way up. Looks like I got one of the coils with bad cable. The internal wires seem fine but the casing looks bad. I dont see any way that I can use it in the surf zone. :( I guess I now have to go find another coil, but have to wait untill I can afford it. I will complane to the seller but I dont expect to get anywhere.

That coil will only get worse, especially near the coil. Even thou the internal wires are cased, water will get into the coil thru the casing. Once i wrapped mine it didnt like how i did it i guess and exploded in several areas. It splits and about the only way to stop it is cut around it to stop the split. There is some epoxy tape you can use that will make the coil usable on land thou and works pretty well. Dang Sov used coils are hard to come by since we use them on the Xcals too. Might be just as well off looking for a 13" or SEF.

Dew

Machineman... Find yourself a SunRay S-12 Intruder and don't look back. And do try to get some of your money back on that coil. Cracked is on thing, falling apart is very different, and without a coil it's kinda useless.

Back
Top Bottom