$50 Shipped

Attachments

• 21930.jpg
    21930.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 475
If they would get serious about building a quality product it may put some companies out of business or at least force them to bring down their incredibly over inflated prices.

If they would get serious about building a quality product it may put some companies out of business or at least force them to bring down their incredibly over inflated prices.

A quality product requires millions in research and development. Anyone can built a radio transiever that reflects off metal. Building one that can distinguish between differnet types, and handle any type of soil while attaining maximum depths requires true expertise.

Cheap detectors are cheap becuase the technology in them is ancient and not worth much. Expensive detector are costly becuase they have to pay off the cost of developing them.

Even better, it is only $99.00 not $100.00 looks like it is just screaming "quality" :lol:. Steve.

:lol:

By the way, have you compared some Bounty Hunter models to the Chinese units? Many look to me like the same machines with just the BH logo added.

I want to write their ads!​
You can really hone your treasure hunting skills with these models! Imagine your friends becoming amazed with the finds, that you are making with these low end treasure finders. Once you show off the good stuff at your next club meeting, everyone will be saying, "he's the man!" Don't let them be saying behind your back, "It's only his machine, he doesn't know what he is doing".

For a little less than the price of a hand held pinpointer you can have a new detector.

I wonder how it would compare to the Compadre?

I'd bet on the Compadre.

http://www.heartlandamerica.com/bro...433&GUID=73336A41-14B3-467E-B9DE-4F98DB85FAA8

Wonder how this one compares to the Ace 250?
http://www.heartlandamerica.com/bro...=73336A41-14B3-467E-B9DE-4F98DB85FAA8&DL=QSP2

With the tuning control and the handle mounted pushbutton, it looks like a TR. That would make more sense.

With the tuning control and the handle mounted pushbutton, it looks like a TR. That would make more sense.

Right, the tuner feature is always bad news. That's the way many old TR units were made as you suggest.

The tuner machines were for the most part--a royal pain. Constant tuning is a sure way to not have fun. Oh how I remember constantly having to push that handle button!

This is what cracks me up; today many are paying big prices for old obsolete TR machines offered on ebay when for about the same money they could have a new auto ground balance VLF machine with greatly superior coil design.

The Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre or Silver uMax, many Bounty Hunter models, etc., are superior to those old lunch box beepers. But there are forums and individuals who live in the past who are pushing this old technology off as superior to modern technology. Even the companies that made them say NOT!

Oh well, whatever makes one happy.

The $50 Chinese machine (with free shipping) I posted the link to was just to show that electronic components really aren't as expensive as we're being led to believe. Lets be real, who is really making our detectors? I mean who is making almost all the parts inside where it counts? Yep, China and other such countries (not the US). So we can rattle on forever about American made but today they're ain't no such animal in detectorville.

Why are the major brands usually better than the cheap Chinese units?

1. Better quality control (quality soldering and fewer issues)
2. Higher quality EXTERNAL parts (works big time on the mind)
3. And a vastly superior marketing (same as above)

I just bought a new underwater cam for just over $100 brand new off ebay. That cam has 10 times the component parts and technology of the average metal detector today that costs over $500. Somebody is getting ripped off.

I just bought a new underwater cam for just over $100 brand new off ebay. That cam has 10 times the component parts and technology of the average metal detector today that costs over $500. Somebody is getting ripped off.

It's supply and demand. Metal detectors always have and always will be a niche market. With far fewer buyers, the cost per item increases.

It's supply and demand. Metal detectors always have and always will be a niche market. With far fewer buyers, the cost per item increases.

Yes I thought that too until I began to consider the sales of detectors today. I mean it's unreal today. All over the world even in so-called 3rd world countries they're selling these beepers by the ship load.

Now, you take an underwater cam rig. How many of these are they really selling? Mostly in the US I would guess. I doubt many Chinese want them to see the bottoms of their rice paddies.

In much of the world the water is so dark a cam would be nearly worthless.

I'll bet the market on cams is a lot smaller than that of metal detectors today.

What has happened is a few companies with almost all the confidence of the consumer market have a monopoly of sorts going. Like the diamond business, the few keep the prices high.

Back
Top Bottom