Old Farm field

Astronomersmith

I've hunted this before and found horse and oxen shoes, some garbage, and assorted unidentified iron. An old house and barn from the 1940s to the late 60s was here.

Anyway, I found a 2.5" ring, which I figure is probably from tack since there were livestock here. Also found an odd 'pan' or 'cover' or possibly a hub cap? What do you think about my....uh....treasures? <haha>

I've tried to attach several pictures. The pan, or whatever it is, has a partially disintegrated 'inner ring'. At first I thought it was an old pot or pan, but then thought maybe a cover or hub cap maybe.

thanks for checking these out and giving me expert input!

Scott

Attachments

• Hubcap1sm.jpg
    Hubcap1sm.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Hubcap2sm.jpg
    Hubcap2sm.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 207
  • Hubcap3sm.jpg
    Hubcap3sm.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 209
  • Hubcap5sm.jpg
    Hubcap5sm.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 213
  • Ringsm.jpg
    Ringsm.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 207
Thanks for the suggestions...I think I'm going to go with the old milk can lid. I did a little search on the net and saw quite a few that certainly could be what I found. I never would have thought of it, but it would fit the site well. An old very rural area, farm, livestock, dates back to at least the 1940's. Thanks again! I knew I could get a great suggestion from this group!

Scott

Thanks for the suggestions...I think I'm going to go with the old milk can lid. I did a little search on the net and saw quite a few that certainly could be what I found. I never would have thought of it, but it would fit the site well. An old very rural area, farm, livestock, dates back to at least the 1940's. Thanks again! I knew I could get a great suggestion from this group!

Scott
+1

Back
Top Bottom