Few coins from today

The 2 on the ends are 1979 Susan B Anthony Dollar coins. (They are worth a dollar) Not sure about the coin in the middle. I'm sure someone on here will identify it easily. Cool find!

Found out about the one in the middle. Its a Stone Mountain Memorial half dollar from 1925. Super awesome! Its 90 percent silver. Not sure about value above silver melt on that one. I'm sure someone on here will know more about it.

Last edited:
Found out about the one in the middle. Its a Stone Mountain Memorial half dollar from 1925. Super awesome! Its 90 percent silver. Not sure about value about silver melt on that one. I'm sure someone on here will know more about it.

Thank you so much. Pretty cool little find today.

Found out about the one in the middle. Its a Stone Mountain Memorial half dollar from 1925. Super awesome! Its 90 percent silver. Not sure about value above silver melt on that one. I'm sure someone on here will know more about it.

Can't really tell the condition from the photo, but I can reasonably say it's not worth much above silver melt. Common coin, easily available in high-grade condition. Current melt is a little over $6, expect a dealer to pay around that. A private collector might go as high as $20-$30. If I didn't already have one, I'd happily fork over $20 for one, even worn like that.

Thank you

Can't really tell the condition from the photo, but I can reasonably say it's not worth much above silver melt. Common coin, easily available in high-grade condition. Current melt is a little over $6, expect a dealer to pay around that. A private collector might go as high as $20-$30. If I didn't already have one, I'd happily fork over $20 for one, even worn like that.

Thanks so much for the reply. Seems like a pretty cool old coin, I will just hold onto it for now.

Tommy

The Stone Mountain memorial looks pretty crisp to me, no way I'd give that one up, even for twice the value in mint shape.

The Stone Mountain memorial looks pretty crisp to me, no way I'd give that one up, even for twice the value in mint shape.

I thought the same thing. It's super clean to me. I've compared it others online and mine is up there in my eyes.

I'm a total idiot when it comes to coins, but I think you are spot on.

Thanks for the heads up,
Tommy

Awesome finds man! Looking forward to the possibility of going on a hunt sometime soon, especially with coins like that one in the middle you nabbed! :cool:

Also, it took me over a year of detecting to find a $1 coin, so nice work on getting those two. My $1 coin was in the middle of an elementary school sports field, probably used at some point for a coin flip.

Hey, is that carbon fiber the coins are sitting on in your photo?

Back
Top Bottom