What was your best day !

claddy

Elite Member
Every once and a while the stars align and it happens ! Posted a couple pics of some of mine .

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpg
    IMG_1114.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_1091.jpg
    IMG_1091.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_2695.jpg
    IMG_2695.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 486
One memorable beach hunt...19 silvers and 6 pieces of sterling the Chief of all Indians... ice ice baby...1787 NJ copper struck over a 1786 VT copper... big Seated silver from a pounded 1800's park

Last edited:
My Best Day

That's an easy one for me. I had been swinging for about a month. I had found a lot of clad and some broken pieces of costume jewerly, keys and even a cell phone. But for me, my best day ever was when I found my first ring. It was not silver or gold, but to me it was the definitive moment when I felt the excitement and joy of metal detecting. It was a great feeling, I became a believer and have not forgotten that moment. It was found close to 4 years ago and I can still remember the spot where I found it.

That first ring made my best day.

HDD

Nice

One memorable beach hunt...19 silvers and 6 pieces of sterling the Chief of all Indians... ice ice baby!1787 NJ copper stamped over a 1786 VT copper... big Seated silver from a pounded 1800's park
. That's one sweet half dollar! And a 1877 is a great find .. there was only one die used , so they say they over estimated the number or coins made

My best find ever has to be a spill back in 2014 that included 4 seated dimes, a Barber dime, a Barber quarter (first) and a V nick (also a first). Here is the link to my original post. I was called away in the middle of digging it! I had to cover up the hole and come back later....it was torture.

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=197723

Here are some pics.....thx.

Attachments

• spill cleaned.jpg
    spill cleaned.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 453
  • spill uncleaned.jpg
    spill uncleaned.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 439
Definitely earlier this year when I got an 1807 Draped Bust Half Cent, 1866 Shield Nickel, Crotal Bell and Half of a Pre-Civil War Militia Tongue Belt Buckle in same yard on same hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good grief, those are some wicked nice finds. Liberty Cap, 1877 IHP, Seated Half... just sick!

Love the pics!

Wow 😳 I would of been digging every signal near that spilll awesome save !

Best day is a tough one to choose between two ironically both beach hunts.

For quantity the best hunt was 10 Mercury dimes, and a Washington and Barber quarter.

For quality it was one day back in February when I hit two different beaches. The first beach produced a nice gold ring with a bunch of small diamonds - chips really - and the second beach produced my first Reale.

Attachments

• 12beach.jpg
    12beach.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 430
  • Reale.jpg
    Reale.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 394
Best? I have had tons of them. I guess there is absolutely no way for me to say. Any day getting out but any day finding over a grand is a great day.

Oh come on Scuba... pull out the picture of the $14K ring. I haven't seen it in a while and need a good motivation kick out the door to move to the Great Lakes. :)

Oh come on Scuba... pull out the picture of the $14K ring. I haven't seen it in a while and need a good motivation kick out the door to move to the Great Lakes. :)

LOL that, the 10.00 gold coin. 7 gold rings in one dive, 34 pieces of silver and 6 gold on another dive, bombs, guns, WW2 Mustang drop tank, 12 100.00 bills. I have so many wonderful days I really can't say which is the best.

But if you insist:

Lots of good hunts, wish I could pick the best, but my personal favorite was finding a barber half right next to an 1900 injun. A couple feet away I was also able to add a 1908 barber quarter on film! Was just a few hunts ago. I contemplated abandoning this site because of lack of targets too. Started getting closer to the river and really kicking some sticks out of the way and whatnot and targets replenished! Happy hunting everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_2230.jpg
    IMG_2230.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 330
Lots of good hunts, wish I could pick the best, but my personal favorite was finding a barber half right next to an 1900 injun. A couple feet away I was also able to add a 1908 barber quarter on film! Was just a few hunts ago. I contemplated abandoning this site because of lack of targets too. Started getting closer to the river and really kicking some sticks out of the way and whatnot and targets replenished! Happy hunting everyone!

Beautiful coins. I haven't found a ground Barber in years. Just black water ones.

Back
Top Bottom