Second hunt with the impact....Gold and a Georgie penny

Canuck

I made it out today to ty and get some more hours under my belt on the Impact. I headed to one of the oldest areas in town to try some curb stripping. I fired up the impact in DI4 mode and right away I was having issues with EMI. I tried switching the frequency with out to much luck. The only thing that would help was turning down the gain. I ran it around 75 which was still a little noisy but manageable. Nothing but modern clad for a couple of blocks so I decided to hit up a park in another neighbourhood. There was very little EMI here and I was able to run the gain at 92 in DI4 mode. The park was pretty trashy but I still was able to pick out a few targets. The best coin of the day was a 1935 Georgie penny and the best find of the day was a 10k gold ring. To bad the stone was missing. I checked the hole but I couldn't find it. I also think I found a hermonica reed but I'm not sure. If it is it will be my first.

You got a nice variety of stuff, and gold, too! That was a dandy hunt!

Nice hunt. good to see the impact working. From a distance, that looks like an overshoe buckle. May be wrong tho. Are you able to hear the coins clearly compared to the trash, or are you having to dig everything to get the coins.

I found a Georgie penny down here last fall at my racetrack. think the back was different tho. ( Just looked back at my pic. it was a 41, so they must have changed them before that.)

Nice hunt Canuck, and congrats on the gold! Is that turtle silver?

Nice hunt. good to see the impact working. From a distance, that looks like an overshoe buckle. May be wrong tho. Are you able to hear the coins clearly compared to the trash, or are you having to dig everything to get the coins.

I found a Georgie penny down here last fall at my racetrack. think the back was different tho. ( Just looked back at my pic. it was a 41, so they must have changed them before that.)

Thanks Sematv. It seems to be working for me so far but I feel I have so much to learn about it yet. Im not sure which piece your talking about but it's definitely trash there. On occasion I have been able to hear the coins through the trash. I found a coin my first time out with the impact and there was a nail a couple of inches above it in the hole. I've really tried to analyze the signals to figure what the machine is telling me. I have been fooled quite a few times so far.

Nice finds! Congrats [emoji322]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Darktower.

You know, if you ignore the gold rings you won't have to dig all those square tabs.

I actually look for the square tabs and the gold ring got in the way.:lol:

Congrats on all the finds! :D

Thanks X-terra.

Canuck, For your second time out...you are Killin it! WTG

Thanks General quarters. This is my second time out with the impact but I've been detecting with a gold bug pro for a few years.

I only see 4 of them....you outta see how many I dig:lol:

Trust me toad I typically digs piles of them my self. I chase the gold but this year I've made it my mission to find some silver coins. No luck so far.

Nice little hunt there

Congrats on your finds.

Thanks shooter. I owe a lot of this to you and your hard work.

Nice hunt Canuck, and congrats on the gold! Is that turtle silver?

Thanks TommyJay. I don't see any markings on it but it sure is heavy.

Well done! Neat gold!

Thanks Skippy. That means something coming from a ring master such as you.

Back
Top Bottom