2nd Ever Hunt - Odd Light Bulb

AirmetTango

Forum Supporter
I'm brand new to the hobby and was on my 2nd ever hunt today, at a old demoed home site. I'm pretty sure the site has been detected several times before, so I wasn't expecting to find much - and sure enough, I dug mostly trash. The only interesting find was this odd 125v Eagle lightbulb, that was largely intact about 3-4 inches down. At first I thought it was just a broken bulb, sheared off at the base, but I soon realized it was a complete bulb...just an odd, flat shape. It apparently operated on a 30 amp fuse, as the second pic clearly shows a "30" stamped on the fuse cap that was still attached to the back of the bulb until I gently washed away some of the dirt.

Apologies if these types of bulbs are commonly found, but I thought it was pretty cool - I've never seen one like it before. Plus, I've yet to find any good coinage :grin:

Ua6Ckm

UdFte8

Last edited:
hmmm...images didn't post :?:

Here they are in a different format:

Attachments

• EagleBulb125v_1.jpg
    EagleBulb125v_1.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 200
  • EagleBulb125v_2.jpg
    EagleBulb125v_2.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 202
Fuse

That's an old screw-in type fuse. They're pretty much obsolete but still made for older houses that haven't been upgraded to modern circuit breakers.

Thanks for that, StevenB. Did a quick search on Google and come up with a zillion images for both the modern ones and older ones now that I knew to search for "screw in fuse" instead of light bulb!

Just because you're digging a lot trash, doesn't necessarily mean it's already been hunted many times before. In fact, sometimes trash is a good indication that people haven't entirely hunted out the property, otherwise they would've removed the trash.

Of course this theory has got its cons, mainly because some detectorists leave their trash behind. But still, an interesting find.

And to think I just replaced all of those light bulbs in my house last summer! Funny they were all in the same box. :laughing:

Most of us can get a kick out of the younger generation finding a phone speaker off a rotary dial phone or a fuse, or something they have never seen in their lifetime.

However some of us, know and have seen a lot of things dug being used or is still being used in our lifetime.

It was an old house as you said. Hopefully some silver coins are still among the
trash. Thanks for the chuckle!

Back
Top Bottom