Church of the Compadre...

tax day and a little Compadre time....

Just did my taxes. Felt like getting out and forgettin about that stuff. Took the trusty and easy Compadre to the local sledding hill and had a blast! Put the disc just touching the "O" in iron. I still love how good that works. The Compadre is just so much fun and easy. I don't need a depth meter, no pin pointer and I don't have to look at a screen. It's pure treasure hunting fun! Paid for gas with the clad too! Sometimes the simpler the more betterer.

Bumping the sensitivity affects machine operation stability. Not only are you bumping the sensitivity, you are altering the threshold setting and gain setting by adjusting the sensitivity setting. You have to be within the proximity of the factory setting or else it becomes very unstable to operate and will not be as efficient as it was prior to your changing the sensitivity in the first place.

My machine was so unstable this morning, it was constantly false signaling/chattering that it was so difficult to know whether you actually had a repeatable signal or not. What I like to do is to swing the coil ungodly crazy fast and listen for repeatable signals. Like all Tesoros, it has a knack to find round objects whether it be a pull tab or coin or ring, it doesn't discriminate providing the target is round. The faster coil speed knocks the other targets out of the equation unless they are really big iron pieces. other times at slower speeds,sometimes you will get a beep within a beep signaling a shallow high conductor amongst the iron signaling. My silver sabre II will do that as well, worth knowing or learning to use it at tot lots where most post are metal in the playground environment, it allows you to find coins along metal playground equipment.

At that point of where I had it set this morning with the constant falsifying signals feeding through the headphones. It really isn't worth changing to that high of a setting, you are taking away the very thing the Compadre is known for at that point.

I don't know whether my sensitivity screw is backwards or what but turning the screw counter clockwise increases sensitivity, turning the screw clockwise lowers the sensitivity on my machine. I hope this helps

Definitely can make it less reliable.
With the Mojave at preset/4 and disc set just past iron
I would never dig a nail, rejects them consistently.
With sense at 5 or above every once in a while
a nail will sound solid, and the rejection is a lot noisier.
Same with pull tabs and screw caps with disc at line
between pull tab and zinc .

guys I did some test in dirt with pull tabs iron silver gold coins
the discrimination was not altered with the sensitivity bumped before getting chatty also I gained 1 inch extra 1.5 in all metal mode

just saying

Teknetics was the one, the cz6 is at the hospital, so im having quality time with the compadre lol
Doing experiments :)

guys I did some test in dirt with pull tabs iron silver gold coins
the discrimination was not altered with the sensitivity bumped before getting chatty also I gained 1 inch extra 1.5 in all metal mode

just saying

It has nothing to do with discrimination. The comment for low disc was so no small jewelry piece signals were lost from a higher discrimination setting.

If I understand it correctly, anytime you raise the sensitivity, it automatically lowers the threshold unless you compensate for the change. The threshold is preset as was the sensitivity ,which you altered by adjusting the sensitivity. Ideally, you would also want to increase the threshold when you increase the sensitivity but we are not capable of doing so. What I was trying to say is that you have to stay within close proximity of the stock setting or else you are going to have an unstable machine. I'm glad it worked out for you. I was able to air test over 8" but it was very unstable when trying to metal detect at that setting. :D

I just did an extra bump nothing radical, the compadre struggles with black dirt on stock or bump up sensitivity, dry sand is like a dream for him, I think this is when ground balance mod would be great, play tots here in my area uses this type of soil, it would be like 4 5 inches targets only

Last edited:
hey guys anyone opened a mojave and see if the switch with low and high has resistors? or how it operate

AJ posted photos on another forum but the switch is just a switch.
Whatever GB components it affects are on the circuit board somewhere.
You'd probably have to disassemble one and meter individual components to figure out what is actually happening.

Noah

Brothers and sisters of the Church of the Blessed Heart Compadre, I have seen the light! My salvation came to me yesterday, and not a moment too soon!

I hadn't realized how far I'd fallen from the spirit of detecting! My judgement and motivations were clouded by greed! I listened to the multitones, I looked at the VDI numbers, and I only sought out the choicest targets through their warped advice! I had fallen FAR, my brothers and sisters!

Hallelujah, I have seen the light! I know now that I don't need all those shiny bells and whistles! I just need to feel the spirit of detecting to be at one with the hobby! Praise the Compadre!

This is probably the longest running thread on any forum anywhere. I guess today I am joining in as I have purchased a compadre!! Sold a few as a dealer but never had my own. I know some of you only use the compadre and nothing else. I am looking forward to what I come across with it.

Figured I'd give this thread a bump for the newest church member......please welcome Metaladdict to the flock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some times deepth is not everything. I have found a lot of coins, rings and chains just under the surface. You will be suprised what you find in tot lots and around the edges.
Have fun.... KEN

I saw that...he wasn't much impressed especially with the depth till he saw how it acts around iron.
Depth isn't everything in this world, fantastic target separation, otherworldly sensitivity and extreme fun can count more in many instances

I try to tell myself this whenever I dig 6" pulltabs!:mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom