I have no idea what this is.

Timg972

Hello everyone. I'm relatively new to the hobby and recently went to an old home site near down town Dallas with a buddy and found a few wheat pennies - the oldest being 1919!!! Anyway I found a few other things that I couldn't figure out. One of these looks like a cap or something. It feels pretty heavy and it has some white powder type corrosion on one side - leading me to believe that it may be (partially) made of lead??? I was hoping someone here could identify it, because it looks REALLY old to me. Thank you guys for all the help.

Tim
Forney, TX.

Attachments

• IMG_3309[1].jpg
    IMG_3309[1].jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_3306[1].jpg
    IMG_3306[1].jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_3307[1].jpg
    IMG_3307[1].jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_3308[1].jpg
    IMG_3308[1].jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 232
Looks like those things you used to screw into your rear coil springs to raise the rear end up. A few into each side. The square hole was where you inserted the socket extension. They fell out after a while.

Looks like those things you used to screw into your rear coil springs to raise the rear end up. A few into each side. The square hole was where you inserted the socket extension. They fell out after a while.
As Glasshopper1955 said, it's a twist-in coil spring booster. It's probably aluminum, and the hole was probably 1/2" square.
twist-in-rear-coil-spring-boosters-set-of-4-3.png

Back
Top Bottom