• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

War nickel and a sweet toy gun

gameoftag

Forum Supporter
Only had about an hour to hit my neighbors yard for a quick afternoon hunt. I plan to spend an entire day next week in their yard, but I thought i would try to get the front yard knocked out today. Got a very weird signal but decided to dig anyway. Ended up being a nice old pocket spill. Pulled wheat #4 for the year as well as my first war nickel for 2012. Happy to be back in the silver swing. it's been over a month since my last silver.
2nd silver 1945-P nickel obv.jpg2nd silver 1945-P nickel rev.jpg

Also found a pretty cool toy gun. Not sure on the date, but my guess is it is from the 70's. My first toy gun, so I'm pretty happy about it.
derringer pistol.jpg

Hope the back yard hold more. They are an older couple and have lived there since the late 40's. They used to play horseshoes and entertain in the back yard all the time, so I'm hoping to get some more old coins there this week. fingers crossed.
03-11 hunt.jpg

I'm sure when you get the time to hunt the back you will do fantastic. I really like the gun and finding silver is always special and that war nickel is really clean. What year is the wheat? Jack

I'm sure when you get the time to hunt the back you will do fantastic. I really like the gun and finding silver is always special and that war nickel is really clean. What year is the wheat? Jack

Jack,
the wheat is a 1950-d. this is my oldest pocket spill to date.

Thanks everyone,
does anyone have any information on the gun? Once it was cleaned up, it works perfectly. all I can see is T253 on the one side and made in hong kong on the other. I know it's nothing special, but I'm curious if anyone knows when it was made.

Nice finds, those toy guns are always cool finds! Can't wait to see what else you can pull out of that dirt.

Very cool finds. I'm guessing that the number on the gun may not be be T253. I think it may be a Hubley cap gun not sure what year though. I'm thinking that it may be from around the 40s but that is just a guess. Hope that helps you out.

Very cool finds. I'm guessing that the number on the gun may not be be T253. I think it may be a Hubley cap gun not sure what year though. I'm thinking that it may be from around the 40s but that is just a guess. Hope that helps you out.

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure it says T253. It's very clear writing but I could be wrong. What number are you thinking it says?

See your swinging an F5 as well, Starting to love this machine.

Back
Top Bottom