Rev war rattlesnake button

RI Matt

Got Gscott and myself a new permission. Was told the house was built around 1850 but the finds so far and the unmarked cemetery and fieldstone headstones lead me to believe the property goes way back. Also was told there is a small plot where there is a high ranking Rev war hero buried. Which turns out to be true, seen it with my own two eyes.
First find was the small D buckle then I found the button only 2” deep in a plowed field. I could tell there was something on it but couldn’t make it out in the field so in the pouch it went. Lastly I found the shoe buckle frame, then we had to call it a day. Once I had a little while to myself I cleaned and inspected the button, that’s when I saw what looked to be a snake. Did a quick Google search on flat buttons with snakes and came across this. Had know idea what I had. Lol
Turns out to be 1777-1783 rattlesnake button. If I was a betting man I would have to say that button belonged to the gentleman buried at that site. What a neat button with so much history. Bring on the ground thaw.
HH [emoji846]
7e40b51efcdcb3acad148a4088a6f753.jpg
7ebd08ccd88d37ed90676fe847e3df95.jpg
8aae55859ca6622418ffdcdbcca29c0e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woah nice finds Matt! Hopefeully I can get down there for a hunt again this year, last year was a good time, good luck on your new site and happy hunting!

That's some history right there. Really wish finds could talk, that one would have a story to tell I'm sure.

I thought I was doing ok when I got the 48 Rosie and then he did that. I'm happy for you buddy. I'm just glad I was there when you found it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Super find Matt!

I don't mind the snow so if you need any help I'll be happy to zip over there from Warwick just let me know :laughing:

What a wonderful piece of history/ An epic reminder of the foundation of this nation. It shows the commitment and resolve of the men and woman as they dedicated their lives for the future of freedom. Congrats Matt on a recovery with such presence and historical meaning. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom