Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Myers Depot Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Metal Detecting > Beach and Water Hunting

Old 01-08-2018, 10:02 PM
Elite Member

Thumbs up Congratulations Kapi

We have a new QUEEN for the year 2017 for Gold find's, well deserved , a sure Pro with a heart of Gold :k ingdances: The Queen now rules the throne .

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Scuba Tector, Sovereign GT, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , Euro Tek Pro, 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 3- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10

Old 01-12-2018, 05:11 PM
Elite Member

Had a awesome year. I found over 25 plus rings and a nice 14k necklace with a black pearl...mostly silver rings but I'll take it...HH
Attached Images

Old 01-12-2018, 05:32 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Dr. Detroit View post
Had a awesome year. I found over 25 plus rings and a nice 14k necklace with a black pearl...mostly silver rings but I'll take it...HH
Wow those are NICE NICE NICE!!!

Old 01-12-2018, 05:34 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Surf Master View post
We have a new QUEEN for the year 2017 for Gold find's, well deserved , a sure Pro with a heart of Gold :k ingdances: The Queen now rules the throne .
Awww thanks. I'm sure other's found more, probably even some woman who found more but aren't as dumb as me to post

Old 01-12-2018, 05:55 PM
Freshwater Shark

Originally Posted by Kapi View post
Awww thanks. I'm sure other's found more, probably even some woman who found more but aren't as dumb as me to post
Barb, you are not dumb to post. Nobody is going to be able to claim any of your finds. Everything you post is hearsay anyway and that is why I post. You had a great year last year.

If I had known this thread was only to name a king or queen I wouldn't have bothered posting my finds.

A lot of folks including myself love seeing your finds. You put in the time and you reap the rewards.

I hope this year will be another stellar year for you and Shelly and Mr. Carrot have fun playing in the sand with bigfoot.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:34 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by ScubaDetector View post
Barb, you are not dumb to post. Nobody is going to be able to claim any of your finds. Everything you post is hearsay anyway and that is why I post. You had a great year last year.

If I had known this thread was only to name a king or queen I wouldn't have bothered posting my finds.

A lot of folks including myself love seeing your finds. You put in the time and you reap the rewards.

I hope this year will be another stellar year for you and Shelly and Mr. Carrot have fun playing in the sand with bigfoot.
I don't think it was to name a king or queen that was just a by product. As for why I wish I'd never posted... It's because I now have several if not numerous people trying to find me when I'm detecting. Where I once saw nobody, now I'm getting Texts showing my vehicle at a spot with a quote "FOUND YOU!" Things like that. I've had people come up to me at the beach and ask "Are you Barbara?" They then go on to say I've been looking for where you detect for months! I just miss the privacy of being unknown.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:05 PM
Freshwater Shark

I don't think it was to name a king or queen that was just a by product. As for why I wish I'd never posted... It's because I now have several if not numerous people trying to find me when I'm detecting. Where I once saw nobody, now I'm getting Texts showing my vehicle at a spot with a quote "FOUND YOU!" Things like that. I've had people come up to me at the beach and ask "Are you Barbara?" They then go on to say I've been looking for where you detect for months! I just miss the privacy of being unknown.
Sorry to hear that. That would stink for a wader. Especially one as dedicated as you are. Not many people can find me!

Old 01-12-2018, 08:22 PM
Elite Member

Post Being the thread maker is me

Kapi i can understand, and relate your last post, now i know how Joe feels, i had no clue that would happen, they must be close friends to if they have your cell#, just manage your attachments hit the X, or ask Craig to delete my thread, i have no problem with it, ps I don't want to see you purchase a faster jet ski than Joe's for a quick exit , happy hunting 2018, talk to you all this summer- in season. PS for all you Surf Master plucker's, you can find me posting on the Coin forum this spring

Excalibur Blue 1000, Excalibur Blue 800, CTX3030, Equinox 800, Surf Pi DF, Scuba Tector, Sovereign GT, XP Deus WS5, F -75 SE-Boost & DST , Euro Tek Pro, 1976 Coin Master ***** In The Past Detectors used -- Two- E-trac's , V3I, Omega 8000, 3- Euro Tek Pro's,2- F75 Standard, Cz70 Pro, Cz20 , Excalibur Sword, Two Excalibur 2's & my 1st - One Hot Blue Excalibur 10

Old 01-12-2018, 08:43 PM
Supporter

Barb, I've got them waiting in the parking lot. Once I find a hot spot (lots of holes in a tight area) 4 or 5 of them hop out of the car and hunt within feet of me.

Old 01-12-2018, 08:47 PM
Supporter

Originally Posted by Steve View post
Barb, I've got them waiting in the parking lot. Once I find a hot spot (lots of holes in a tight area) 4 or 5 of them hop out of the car and hunt within feet of me.
Yeah it sucks

Old 01-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Supporter

Kapi i can understand, and relate your last post, now i know how Joe feels, i had no clue that would happen, they must be close friends to if they have your cell#, just manage your attachments hit the X, or ask Craig to delete my thread, i have no problem with it, ps I don't want to see you purchase a faster jet ski than Joe's for a quick exit , happy hunting 2018, talk to you all this summer- in season. PS for all you Surf Master plucker's, you can find me posting on the Coin forum this spring
Nah the post can stay, it's okay. I not sure a Jet Ski would help but I could use an AT Pro costume to put over my Excal and maybe I could dress differently and tie my hair up so I look like a guy

Old 01-12-2018, 08:54 PM
Supporter

Nah the post can stay, it's okay. I not sure a Jet Ski would help but I could use an AT Pro costume to put over my Excal and maybe I could dress differently and tie my hair up so I look like a guy
Could always try nighttime, or other times nobody will find you.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:01 PM
Supporter

Could always try nighttime, or other times nobody will find you.
I hate night hunting. One, I can't see Two, bugs! Three, I can't see Tried it twice, probably never again.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Elite Member

Post Just PM

Joe , trust me he knows all the trick's Personally if it was me that was Queen , different gender, i would dress like this, than nobody would ask you again
Attached Images

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:15 PM
Supporter

Joe , trust me he knows all the trick's Personally if it was me that was Queen , different gender, i would dress like this, than nobody would ask you again

Old 01-12-2018, 10:34 PM
OldCherryPicker

I may post to much already but more then anything I don't wanting thugs showing up at my home. The gold I do keep is in a safety deposit box but worry that will not stop them and someone could get hurt, family, so I try and control what gets seen.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:59 PM
Elite Member

Question Kapi

Good Luck in 2018, remember the jet ski, a quick exit, no one can tail you, hunt any ware by water, borrow Felix's Sand Shark for a few week's to throw them off, or Larry's CTX3030, cya
Attached Images

Last edited by Surf Master; 01-12-2018 at 11:22 PM.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:08 PM
Supporter

Default Ryt

Originally Posted by OBN View post
I may post to much already but more then anything I don't wanting thugs showing up at my home. The gold I do keep is in a safety deposit box but worry that will not stop them and someone could get hurt, family, so I try and control what gets seen.
1st day I wasn't home last spring my home was hit. Few pounds of silver, big diamond, some 24k and an imperial jade pendant gone.
Think he just got lucky... punched out the eye hole and used a hook to open the door. Then put the eye hole back. Obviously not his first trip to the rodeo.
Everything in the bank box now

Old 01-12-2018, 11:17 PM
OldCherryPicker

1st day I wasn't home last spring my home was hit. Few pounds of silver, big diamond, some 24k and an imperial jade pendant gone.
Think he just got lucky... punched out the eye hole and used a hook to open the door. Then put the eye hole back. Obviously not his first trip to the rodeo.
Everything in the bank box now
I remember that, Steve. I wonder if it was anyone that has watched you at your spots then hunts them? I agree, the bank is the best place.

I remember a hunter in Florida John who had went to the bank, got his gold to turn in...on the way to sell all he stopped at a store first to get something. While he was in the store they broke into the car and stole all of his gold.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:35 PM
Elite Member

Post Most Likely

He new were you launched , or put in the jet ski, was tailing you, tip, most boats can't keep up with a jet ski, however, get, and pay for the different co ., boat ramp permits, that way you can launch from different locations , and closer to were you want to hunt. One guy driving a boat, one guy looking at you from a distance with binoculars is all it takes. PS most boats have GPS Nav. easy to mark your way points , return later- to clean out your honey holes.

Last edited by Surf Master; 01-13-2018 at 12:00 AM.