What was your best day !

Best day?

Mine was a one find day. Back in the mid 80's with the coinmaster 3000: 2 full sets of silverware several inches down. when I dug it up and saw what I found, I was done. I didnt know what I had until a couple of years ago when the price of silver went up, and I found websites on how to identify silverware. One set was silver plate, the other was sterling :D. Sat in a box in my garage for years.

These are 3 teaspoons from the sterling set.

100_2127.jpg

100_2131.jpg

My best day was last year, 6th January to be exact, when I found this really nice 18k white gold ring with a princess cut diamond in the centre and 12 stones on either side of the big diamond.

That day I also found some other interesting items including 13 tent pegs, 2 sinkers, 3 zips, a pair of tweezers, a (working) cigarette lighter and a cool little pocket knife that was still in very good condition (found next to the cigarette lighter so probably fell out of someone's pocket). And 55c in change, which is unusual because normally I find more at this beach, but the gold ring made up for it :D

And yep, it looks very similar to Scuba's gold ring :)

Attachments

• 18kwhitegoldprincesscutdiamond24stones5.5g.jpg
    18kwhitegoldprincesscutdiamond24stones5.5g.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 108
I would have to say my best day was late March of 1993 while visiting family in Kansas. My Uncle got out his Garret detector and took me to an old dilapidated 1800's school house, showed me how to use adjust it, (first time I used anything except a cheap Jetco) and I found some square nails. I was bitten by the bug and shortly after returning home I purchased a decent detector and started swinging. Still have those nails too.

Nothing to the story really. Diving and detecting I find a lot of bills laying on the bottom. I came across some folded over bills and the outside one was a 100.00 bill. ALL of them were 100.00 bills. 12 to be exact. That has been my largest cash find to date.

Well that is a heck of a story, who goes swimming with $1200 in their pockets!

I always check discarded cigarette boxes I find detecting, people have a habit of putting cash, and other things in there then forgetting about it and throwing them away.

Well that is a heck of a story, who goes swimming with $1200 in their pockets!

I always check discarded cigarette boxes I find detecting, people have a habit of putting cash, and other things in there then forgetting about it and throwing them away.

Idiots. A wader friend of mine found 48 100.00 bills on the bottom of lake St Clair while detecting one morning. They were everywhere.

I have found two money clips one with what was left of bills inside under water in the same lake. Who swims with a 1922 double eagle on their neck? No idea but a friend found it while I was with him a few years back. I traded a CZ-21 for it.

Last year I found a drowned cell phone. Behind it in the case was 20.00. So many people swim with cash and wallets it isn't funny. I found a wallet with 100.00 bill in it, one with 198.00 in it and I returned them.

You just can't imagine the cash I pull out of the lakes every year.

I do too as I clean up my hunting sites. Some have contained bills rolled up in them. It's amazing how many roaches (not the insect kind) you find in them. What do you expect from a litterbug. :)

I came across some folded over bills and the outside one was a 100.00 bill. ALL of them were 100.00 bills. 12 to be exact.

A wader friend of mine found 48 100.00 bills on the bottom of lake St Clair while detecting one morning. They were everywhere.

Wow! :wow: Congrats to you and your friend, ScubaDetector!

As for my best day, well, it's not quite as impressive as some of you guys ... I found 1 clad quarter, 2 clad dimes, & 2 clad pennies at a park the other day. :) Hopefully someday I will find some really old coins. :grin:

Attachments

• My Best Day Metal Detecting.jpg
    My Best Day Metal Detecting.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 76
Wow! :wow: Congrats to you and your friend, ScubaDetector!

As for my best day, well, it's not quite as impressive as some of you guys ... I found 1 clad quarter, 2 clad dimes, & 2 clad pennies at a park the other day. :) Hopefully someday I will find some really old coins. :grin:

It will get better than that. Just lots of practice, enjoyment and finding the right spots without being discouraged. Nice start for sure

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=227234

Since it's a show off thread, I gotta show my best day one more time...lol This was a dream hunt, one I doubt I'll ever be able to top, so obviously I live vicariously through this hunt hahha

attachment.php

See the other finds of the day at the link above...

This is a GREAT THREAD!!! I love seeing all of the amazing finds....

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=227234

Since it's a show off thread, I gotta show my best day one more time...lol This was a dream hunt, one I doubt I'll ever be able to top, so obviously I live vicariously through this hunt hahha

attachment.php

See the other finds of the day at the link above...

This is a GREAT THREAD!!! I love seeing all of the amazing finds....

Never say never Rob. If you keep playing you might stumble on a mason jar loaded with silver! Then you can say you probably won't top that!

Very nice silver collection there.

This past february i found 21 silver coins, a small gold ring, and gold charm and 2 silver rings in an hour and a half hunt. It has spoiled me forever. Oldest silver coin was standing lib quarter.

Prior to that, found 2 seated halves 5 feet apart, a half mile from the above mentioned score.

This was my best day so far. Not because of what I found, (there was no silver), and a lot of the finds are just junk, but it was the most enjoyable afternoon I've spent hunting. Neat homestead, perfect weather, and enough interesting tidbits to keep the afternoon interesting.

098d7107166aa447b11cf375bc936cfd.jpg

Back
Top Bottom