Pen Trick

Silversmith45

Elite Member
I collect ball point pens. I'm sure that a lot of you pick up a pen and it refuses to write no matter how hard you press it on the paper. I have found that if you take the smooth cardboard that comes on the back of many items when purchased, the pen will write on them. A few swirls on it and then the pen will write on paper. I keep a small square of the cardboard in my shirt pocket for the times when my pen decides not to write. I don't know if it will work for everyone but it works for me.

Thanks! Interesting! Over the years, when a pen dont work for me, I generally shake it really hard to get the ink downward to the ball, or heat up the tip with my cig lighter, and again shake it vigorously....In lieu of that, I stop into the Huntington Bank branch and get myself a new fresh pen and a sucker at the tellers desk..free cup of coffee! and a nice peaceful sit down in the kustomer krapper.

Nobody writes anymore nowadays anyhow..its all texting....Still, a guy needs to have a pen on hand..like for performing an emergency tracheometry, or writing an IOU..or stabbing a Zombie or a prison guard or something....

Thanks for the tip !

I wonder if it will work on the very old forgotten pens I found that sat stored away for likely close to 10 years :lol:

As a kid one of my favorites was the classic Bic pens, could also double as a spitball shooter when the ink ran out :laughing:

….and if you hold the cap slightly away from the pen tip between your index finger and thumb and slightly squeeze you can sometimes trick people into thinking it's like a magnet :lol:

bic_pens.jpg

Yep, that or torch the end with a Bic lighter for a second or two, always works.

GKL that Bic pen as a spitwad shooter brings back memories from over 45 years ago, thought I was the only one that did that!

Yep, that or torch the end with a Bic lighter for a second or two, always works.

GKL that Bic pen as a spitwad shooter brings back memories from over 45 years ago, thought I was the only one that did that!

I used them for spit wads toof. And I do not know how many years ago that was... KEN. :D

:lol::lol: Spitwads, great memories! ! think we all just gave away how old we are! :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom