What Do You Make?

There is some really cool stuff in this thread!

I am also a "turner". When i figure out how, I will add pictures of some of my work.

I enjoy making my own materials to make pens and stuff out of. I cast my own resin blanks, and alot of times, these resin blanks include some weird material embedded.

For instance:

prickly pear cactus skeleton
cholla cactus skeleton
shredded cash
rose or other flower petals
coffee beans
natural edge burl cutoffs
walrus ivory

I also use alot of materials that are odd... bowling ball materials, casein (a milk protein), ebonite, trustone, shale, man made granite, alabaster, etc.

other than pens, I also make spin tops, wine stoppers, pendant necklaces, keychains, bracelet helpers, tealight candle holders, wooden hammers, etc. etc. I gotta figure out how to add photos.

I make just about everything. I am at work but when I get home I will post some pics of what I have made. Usially I create stuff that works with whatever hobby I am intrested in at the moment. I posted my new digger under another thred and my sand scoop also. I have build a Power hammer, forges, for blacksmithing, belt sander, all for my knife making hobby. Also cannons, catapults, crossbows, regular bows, coaster carts, hang glider (never tested per wifes orders):shock: remote controll boats and cars, multipul dredges and other mining equip, just about anything that catches my fancy. I am lucky enough to have a full machineshop at my disposal.

I make just about everything. I am at work but when I get home I will post some pics of what I have made. Usially I create stuff that works with whatever hobby I am intrested in at the moment. I posted my new digger under another thred and my sand scoop also. I have build a Power hammer, forges, for blacksmithing, belt sander, all for my knife making hobby. Also cannons, catapults, crossbows, regular bows, coaster carts, hang glider (never tested per wifes orders):shock: remote controll boats and cars, multipul dredges and other mining equip, just about anything that catches my fancy. I am lucky enough to have a full machineshop at my disposal.

WOW! :shock:

I knew a fellow like you when we still lived in the Grand Haven, Michigan, area (he was our next door neighbor). That fellow could make and do just about anything. Like you he built a canon. He filled it with oxyacetylene gas and every time he fired that thing he darn near blew our windows out. :lol:

Best to you!
Badger

Unicycle I made the frame. Shovel I made for MD. Sand scoop before I drilled the holes. Parts for a wind generator I made almost all of it including the coils. Three wheel coaster cart converted from an old bike (very fast down hill):biker: I will try to find more photos of the dredges, knives and my bagpipes that I made. I just love to build stuff.

Attachments

• cart side.jpg
    cart side.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,748
  • IMG_0476.JPG
    IMG_0476.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 1,819
  • sept-nov2007 067.jpg
    sept-nov2007 067.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,746
  • uniframe 2.jpg
    uniframe 2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,719
  • IMG_0520.JPG
    IMG_0520.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,815
nope, the head I bought at Pier 1 (or Pier something or another anyway)

I've been working on a shirt forever. Unfortunately after a while, my eyesight got pretty bad and now it takes so much concentration and time, I'll probably never finish it.

but the Coif was great fun to make =)

Great thread! I'm impressed! :clap:

Here's what we have been making lately... Wooden Spoons! :yes:

What happened was.... we went camping and forgot the forks and spoons. So Vlad says, "I'll make us a spoon."

So he cut a piece of dried cottonwood branch, axed it in half, and started whittling it. He used hot coals to burn the center of the spoons out.

He made two spoons and a spatula that camping trip.

View attachment 68617

When we got home, he made some special cutting knives for the center of the spoons.

View attachment 68618

But it didn't stop there, we kept making them!

View attachment 68619

Now I have a whole collection of wooden spoons! :D

View attachment 68620

We have no idea what type of wood this is. It was a log in our firewood pile.

View attachment 68621

Carol and Vlad...Here's a picture from a DOG (Dutch Oven Gathering) earlier in the year, held in Logan Utah. I was amazed by this gentleman's craftsmanship as I have always loved and admired true artists and woodworking. :yes:

Attachments

• Pics up to 15JUN10 046.jpg
    Pics up to 15JUN10 046.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 2,620
Anyone Hungry??

And finally, Uncle Sam sent me to several schools to be qualified to work on the Apache A model and Apache D model (Longbow), but then decided he liked my work so much, I needed to go across the pond and into the sandbox (no, not a tot-lot). :no:

A couple years after coming back to the US, I retired at 44 and now I make breakfast, lunch, dinner and desserts in Dutch ovens and cast iron cookware. :chef:

Attachments

• nov070.jpg
    nov070.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,647
  • AH_64D_Apache2.jpg
    AH_64D_Apache2.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 1,633
  • 0619001631.jpg
    0619001631.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 1,624
Last edited:
Back