1st Anniverrsary - Thanks FMDF!!

AirmetTango

Forum Supporter
One year ago today I joined the forum, just after making an on-line purchase for my first metal detector. It took me over a week before I made my first post, but since then, the forum has become a regular part of my daily routine! Within a month, I gladly became a supporter of the site, something I’d never even considered doing with an on-line forum before.

This forum has been absolutely invaluable to me as I continue to learn more and more about this great hobby. I've learned far more from the people and their posts on this forum than all other MDing sources combined - and quickly! I find myself visiting almost every day, not just as an educational resource, but also to catch up on everyone's cool finds, and hopefully make an occasional meaningful contribution of my own, too. Overall, the FMDF makes the hobby even more enjoyable, educational, and entertaining - sometimes I wonder if I’d be quite as enthusiastic about the hobby without the support and enjoyment that the forum brings to the table. As a community, the members of this forum really can't be beat, so thank you to everyone who posts here....a BIG thanks to Carol & Vlad for creating this space and keeping the lights on...and HUGE appreciation and respect for each of the moderators who help maintain the great atmosphere here!

And I’ve put my money where my mouth is by renewing my support for the site today. As a shameless endorsement for this site that I’ve come to love, I highly encourage everyone to who isn’t already a supporter to do the same :yes:

One year ago today I joined the forum, just after making an on-line purchase for my first metal detector. It took me over a week before I made my first post, but since then, the forum has become a regular part of my daily routine! Within a month, I gladly became a supporter of the site, something I’d never even considered doing with an on-line forum before.

This forum has been absolutely invaluable to me as I continue to learn more and more about this great hobby. I've learned far more from the people and their posts on this forum than all other MDing sources combined - and quickly! I find myself visiting almost every day, not just as an educational resource, but also to catch up on everyone's cool finds, and hopefully make an occasional meaningful contribution of my own, too. Overall, the FMDF makes the hobby even more enjoyable, educational, and entertaining - sometimes I wonder if I’d be quite as enthusiastic about the hobby without the support and enjoyment that the forum brings to the table. As a community, the members of this forum really can't be beat, so thank you to everyone who posts here....a BIG thanks to Carol & Vlad for creating this space and keeping the lights on...and HUGE appreciation and respect for each of the moderators who help maintain the great atmosphere here!

And I’ve put my money where my mouth is by renewing my support for the site today. As a shameless endorsement for this site that I’ve come to love, I highly encourage everyone to who isn’t already a supporter to do the same :yes:

+1

Tomorrow makes a year for me as well. Thanks to all who have answered questions, offered tips and advice, and shared their finds and experience.

After reading your post I decided to also become a supporter. And hope that everyone that enjoys this great site will do so as well.

Happy Anniversary and thanks for your support!

It's the Members who make this forum great!!

Through this forum we have been able to get together and have some metal detecting outings congratulations on your anniversary!:stars::clapping:

Happy anniversary AT! This sure is a great place, I have learned so much more than I would have on my own too.
I hope year #2 is even better to ya!

Thanks, Ron! Year 2 is already on pace to beat a fun year #1 :grin: Happy hunting to you, too!

+1

Tomorrow makes a year for me as well. Thanks to all who have answered questions, offered tips and advice, and shared their finds and experience.
Happy Anniversary to you, too, MI red! I hope our second year is even better :grin:

After reading your post I decided to also become a supporter. And hope that everyone that enjoys this great site will do so as well.

Awesome, Kiowa! Totally worthwhile investment, in my opinion - at one point when I first started out, I bought a book on detecting for $15-20. Not that the book was terrible or anything, but I swear I learn more on this site in a day, every day, than I learned reading that book...I'd much rather the investment go here! :yes:

So happy to have you here!

Congratulations on your anniversary, we love this place too!

Happy anniversary!

Thanks Swing, matmit, & Ogre! It sure is a great community!

Happy Anniversary and thanks for your support!

It's the Members who make this forum great!!

Thanks and my pleasure Seabee! You've helped me out on the admin side once or twice, and it's impressive how quick and responsive the moderators are here - many thanks for that!

Through this forum we have been able to get together and have some metal detecting outings congratulations on your anniversary!:stars::clapping:

Absolutely Dan - you're the first forum member I met in person, soon after I joined and started detecting. I really appreciate how helpful you were right from the start, sharing your knowledge and answering questions. I look forward to many more shared hunts in the future!

Thanks for being a member! :hi5:

Thanks Princess! You too!

Back
Top Bottom