Savage .17 hmr

Bill_Ace_350

Elite Member
Picked up a Savage .17 HMR, bolt action.

My scope got here last night, a Bushnell Banner Dusk-to-Dawn 4 by 12 x 40mm.

Cant wait to mount it and bore sight it.

Once zeroed I will have a nice setup.

Always wanted one, ever since they first came out.

Once my hay field is cut, I'll set up a 100 yard zero target.

Excited.

Thats like the perfect Fox tipper over! Knocks them flat and does not tear them up like the 22-250 can....Do you call? I use a crow call a lot when calling in yotes and fox...that and a TalleyHo...Fox and yotes will come into a crow call on account of they know they are safe if crows are around...Hang a few scraps of black plastic trash bags on some weeds off to the side of where you set up, like a murder of crows have gathered to feast on something...let us see a pic of your rig!

Thats like the perfect Fox tipper over! Knocks them flat and does not tear them up like the 22-250 can....Do you call? I use a crow call a lot when calling in yotes and fox...that and a TalleyHo...Fox and yotes will come into a crow call on account of they know they are safe if crows are around...Hang a few scraps of black plastic trash bags on some weeds off to the side of where you set up, like a murder of crows have gathered to feast on something...let us see a pic of your rig!
That's a smart idea, I'll have to remember that [emoji38]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Mud Puppy, I'll bet your like a Ninja out in the woods with your trapping and life experiences . That garbage bag trick is dang near genius. When you write your memoirs, let us know, I think a lot of them city folk could learn from your bag o tricks, and some of country folks could pick up a few pointers as well. :D

Nice rifle, i was always very interested in that round, seems like a great little shooter!
How much do rounds cost?

Here it is....

Everything loose fitted, waiting for my field to get mowed so I can have room to sight it in properly.

Attachments

• .17hmr.jpg
    .17hmr.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 179
I see you're a southpawme too question for you do you swing your metal detector right or left handed 17 HMR is a sweet little round not too expensive to shoot either I had a Ruger 77 but sold it a few years back was looking at the CZ 17 in left hand good luck with your new rig I know you will be happy with it. Mark

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

I see you're a southpawme too question for you do you swing your metal detector right or left handed 17 HMR is a sweet little round not too expensive to shoot either I had a Ruger 77 but sold it a few years back was looking at the CZ 17 in left hand good luck with your new rig I know you will be happy with it. Mark

Actually, I'm a righty, left eye dominant.

My dad taught me to shoot before we realized I was left eye dominant, but I switched a few years later. Shoot equally well, both hands.

Shot lefty in the Army too, never used a brass deflector. M-16, M-203, M-60.....

I have swung the detector lefty on occasion, not a big struggle.

My dad taught me to shoot before we realized I was left eye dominant, but I switched a few years later. Shoot equally well, both hands.

Shot lefty in the Army too, never used a brass deflector. M-16, M-203, M-60.....

Nice Rifle with a good heavy barrel. I've had a savage or marlin .22mag in form my entire adult life! I use it mostly for squirrel after the leave thin out. Was going to buy a Savage 93 FV-SR but lucked into a used Sako full stock .222 for a $100 more.

Same here left eye dominant didn't know that till basic training had trouble zeroing my weapon so the drill sergeant decided to give me a master eye test guess what Lefty has been somewhat of a handicapped with most things in my life started swinging the metal detector right-handed but after some nerve damage to my right shoulder I had to learn to swing Lefty feels about the same as trying to throw a ball left handed oh well I have all my limbs so I guess I'm fortunate in that respect. Good luck and happy Hunting

Back
Top Bottom