1942 Wisconsin class ring...found in Japan!

stewart73

Forum Supporter
Went out and destroyed my body yet again in hopes of a repeat of the gold rush I had the other day. No such luck but I did pull up a 10k 1942 class ring from Whitefish Bay High School. Unfortunately it broke in my hand but I could still make out the initials BJB on the inside. Going to see if I can track down the family just for fun and see if they'd like it back...there can't have been that many BJBs graduating from one small high school in 1942. Wonder if he was over here for the occupation after the war? Cool find anyway. :yes:

P1040704_zps3ebc97d3.jpg

P1040705_zpsecdd8754.jpg

Oh the humanity!! :(:(:(

P1040703_zps78319696.jpg

:laughing: I'm not laughing at you Stewart... the other day I used the DF for the first time in about a year... I'm so spoiled using the GT and not having to dig those extra deep junk targets.... great job on the ring recovery :D

:laughing: I'm not laughing at you Stewart... the other day I used the DF for the first time in about a year... I'm so spoiled using the GT and not having to dig those extra deep junk targets.... great job on the ring recovery :D

I know what you mean...the Excal is gonna feel like a Caribbean vacation after using the DF for the past few hunts. It's funny that I used to think I dug pretty deep holes with the Excal...I didn't know what deep was. :lol:

That is amazing! He must have had some R&R and decided to go to the beach. 1942!!! That is amazing.

Awesome find! Congratulations, and I wish you luck in finding the family of the original owner!

Just a little far from home. lol Find finds and wow a lot of junk!

Keep us on informed on this, Great find. I just hope he was there and it was not a war prize.

A letter to the current principal of the school (with pics attached) didn't even produce a reply so I may have to find some other way to find out who BJB is, or was. I thought he could have at least looked through the '42 yearbook for me...I offered to send it to the school directly as well but nothing. Ah well....:D

That ring could have been lost any time and could be a women's ring lost on vacation...

Back
Top Bottom